Russian President Wants To Get Rid Of Sports Officials
Russia won only 15 medals at the Vancouver 2010 Games, and now Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said Monday that sports officials should step down over the country's dismal performance.
The Associated Press reports Medvedev commented on television that if those responsible for preparing the athletes don't resign, then the decision will be made for them.
He said, "those who bear the responsibility for Olympic preparations should carry that responsibility. It's totally clear. I think that the individuals responsible, or several of them, who answer for these preparations, should take the courageous decision to hand in their voice. If we don't see such decisiveness we will help them".
Sochi Russia is the host city of the next Winter Olympic Games in 2014.Write or read comments about this article
- Ching-Kuo Wu To Run For IOC Presidency
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Richard Carrion Announces His Candidacy For IOC President
- Olympic Champion Jennie Finch Urges Support For Softball
- New Wrestling Rules To Save Olympic Wrestling