Russian President Wants To Get Rid Of Sports Officials
Russia won only 15 medals at the Vancouver 2010 Games, and now Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said Monday that sports officials should step down over the country's dismal performance.
The Associated Press reports Medvedev commented on television that if those responsible for preparing the athletes don't resign, then the decision will be made for them.
He said, "those who bear the responsibility for Olympic preparations should carry that responsibility. It's totally clear. I think that the individuals responsible, or several of them, who answer for these preparations, should take the courageous decision to hand in their voice. If we don't see such decisiveness we will help them".
Sochi Russia is the host city of the next Winter Olympic Games in 2014.Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- IOC Chief Proposes Sweeping Olympic Bid Changes; Rules Out Bid City Visits
- London Defeats Doha to host 2017 World Athletics Championships
- France May Still Bid For 2024 Summer Games
- Kazakhstan Wants Investors To Partially Fund Almaty 2022