Russian President Wants To Get Rid Of Sports Officials
Russia won only 15 medals at the Vancouver 2010 Games, and now Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said Monday that sports officials should step down over the country's dismal performance.
The Associated Press reports Medvedev commented on television that if those responsible for preparing the athletes don't resign, then the decision will be made for them.
He said, "those who bear the responsibility for Olympic preparations should carry that responsibility. It's totally clear. I think that the individuals responsible, or several of them, who answer for these preparations, should take the courageous decision to hand in their voice. If we don't see such decisiveness we will help them".
Sochi Russia is the host city of the next Winter Olympic Games in 2014.Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- United States To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- Six 2022 Olympic Bid Cities Gain Insight At IOC Seminar
- Toronto Should Bid For 2028 Olympics Instead Of 2024
- Doping Trial Shouldn't Penalize Madrid 2020 - Bid Head