Lake Placid Region Wants To Host International Youth Olympic Games
The PostStar reports that the Lake Placid Regional Winter Sports Committee wants to host the 2012 International Youth Olympic Games.
Alexander “Sandy” Treadwell, the committee’s chairman, said Tuesday he has written the United States Olympic Committee about the Lake Placid region making a bid, and will be looking for support from the Olympic Regional Development Authority and Governor Eliot Spitzer’s office.
Treadwell said, “this will be a very big deal worldwide”.
Events could possibly be held in Lake Placid as well as at the Gore Mountain ski centre in Johnsburg, Glen Falls Civic Center and the Times Union Center in Albany, said Treadwell. Write or read comments about this article
- Ching-Kuo Wu To Run For IOC Presidency
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Richard Carrion Announces His Candidacy For IOC President
- Olympic Champion Jennie Finch Urges Support For Softball
- New Wrestling Rules To Save Olympic Wrestling