Luxury Hotels To House IOC Senior Officials During Beijing 2008
Two luxury Beijing hotels will house International Olympic Committee (IOC) senior officials and be the headquarters and command centre of the IOC during the Beijing 2008 Summer Olympic Games.
The Beijing Hotel and the Grand Hotel “will receive main members of the Olympic Family representing about 1,000 guests from outside Beijing” said Xiang Ping, vice director of Beijing 2008 Games Services Department.
Beijing Hotel officials said that during the Games the two hotels would not be open to the public. The hotel is reportedly one of the most distinguished addresses in Beijing and offers 700 rooms and suites in four interconnected buildings. It has received several Five Star Diamond Awards from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences.
BOCOG has signed service contracts with 112 hotels in Beijing, including 38 five-star, 40 four-star and 34 three-star hotels. Write or read comments about this article
- BidIndex: Istanbul, Tokyo Lead 2020 Olympic Bid in Volatile Race
- Chicago Drops From Top Spot In 2016 Olympic Bid BidIndex Despite “Obama Effect”
- Vancouver 2010 Olympic Torch Unveiled
- Slovakia Officially Joins Poland In 2022 Olympic Bid
- Majority Favours Oslo 2022 Winter Olympic Bid