Reno, Lake Tahoe Possible 2018 Winter Bid
A Nevada-based newspaper reports that Nevada Lt. Governor-elect Brian Krolicki said Nevada is working hard to security the 2018 Winter Olympic Games in Reno and Lake Tahoe.
The Governor-elect said, “I am happy to now be serving as the chair of the Reno-Tahoe Winter Games Coalition that is laying the foundation to become an official contender. I believe if we work hard enough we can get the Winter Games again”.
He said the 1960 Winter Olympic Games helped to make Lake Tahoe the tourism destination it is today. With the global audience that comes with it, hosting the Olympics again would cement in place the Reno-Tahoe area as a tourism destination, said the Governor-elect. Write or read comments about this article
- Istanbul 2020 Hosting Would Build Bridges
- Oswald Fifth Candidate For IOC President
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Istanbul 2020 Pledges To ONOC
- Richard Carrion Announces His Candidacy For IOC President