Sofia Officially Bids For 2014 Winter Olympic Games
Sofia’s Mayor Stefan Sofianski wrote International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Jacques Rogge to announce his support for Sofia’s bid for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games.
In the letter the Mayor wrote “it is my honour and pleasure to inform you for the readiness of Sofia City Hall to raise the candidature of Sofia as a Host City of the Games of the XXII Winter Olympic Games in 2014”.
Sofianski vowed that Sofia’s 2014 bid is fully supported by the government and the public.
The Mayor also wrote, “the perfect location of Sofia in the close proximity of surrounding mountains, the improved infrastructure of the city, the enthusiasm of its citizens, the fast development of city economy, all this gives us confidence to present again our candidature.”
This is Bulgaria’s third bid to host the Olympic Games. It had failed bids in 1992 and 1994. Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Los Angeles Steps Up For 2024 Summer Games Bid
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges
- Beijing To Tackle Environmental Problems For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid