Sofia Officially Bids For 2014 Winter Olympic Games
Sofia’s Mayor Stefan Sofianski wrote International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Jacques Rogge to announce his support for Sofia’s bid for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games.
In the letter the Mayor wrote “it is my honour and pleasure to inform you for the readiness of Sofia City Hall to raise the candidature of Sofia as a Host City of the Games of the XXII Winter Olympic Games in 2014”.
Sofianski vowed that Sofia’s 2014 bid is fully supported by the government and the public.
The Mayor also wrote, “the perfect location of Sofia in the close proximity of surrounding mountains, the improved infrastructure of the city, the enthusiasm of its citizens, the fast development of city economy, all this gives us confidence to present again our candidature.”
This is Bulgaria’s third bid to host the Olympic Games. It had failed bids in 1992 and 1994. Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Oslo 2022 Olympic Bid Support Slips
- FILA Aims to Consolidate Wrestling Message With New International Ad Campaign
- Dubai Considers Bidding For Olympics Within Eight Years
- Berlin To Unveil 2024 Games Bid