Spanish Parliament Supports Madrid’s 2012 Bid
The Spanish Parliament has declared its “total support” to Madrid’s bid to host the 2012 Summer Olympic Games, in a motion presented in the lower house Wednesday and signed by all the political parties.
The lower house has also expressed its commitment to collaborate in the nomination of the city and to contribute to the organization of the Games.
The initiative also ensures that the organization of the 2012 Games “will mean a first level event” with very positive effects not only for Madrid but for the rest of Spain. Write or read comments about this article
- Should Queenstown Bid For 2026 Winter Olympics?
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Sweden Regrets Withdrawing 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Peru Wants To Host 2019 Pan Am Games
- Germany To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games