Spanish Parliament Supports Madrid’s 2012 Bid
The Spanish Parliament has declared its “total support” to Madrid’s bid to host the 2012 Summer Olympic Games, in a motion presented in the lower house Wednesday and signed by all the political parties.
The lower house has also expressed its commitment to collaborate in the nomination of the city and to contribute to the organization of the Games.
The initiative also ensures that the organization of the 2012 Games “will mean a first level event” with very positive effects not only for Madrid but for the rest of Spain. Write or read comments about this article
- Tokyo 2020 Guarantees Superb Games
- Anti-Government Protests To "Strengthen" Istanbul's Olympic Bid
- USOC To Narrow Potential Olympic 2024 Candidates
- Turkey's Olympic Bid Almost Helpless amid Intensifying Protests
- Lead Changes in 2020 Olympic BidIndex As Tokyo Support Improves