Turin 2006 To Have Record Number Of Delegations
Based on an estimate by the director of the National Olympic Delegation Services, a record number of delegations from 85 countries are expected to attend the Turin 2006 Winter Olympic Games.
Also, to date about 145 nations are expected to take part in the Athens 2004 Summer Paralympic Games. The Games will involve more than 4,000 athletes and about 2,000 teams.
For the first time in Paralympic history athletes at the Paralympic Games will be able to take part for free. The Athens 2004 organizing committee will cover all the costs involved for the participants. Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Sapporo Japan To Bid For 2026 Winter Olympics
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Group Formed To Protest Boston 2024 Olympic Bid
- Only Twenty Per Cent Support Paris 2024 Bid