PyeongChang Had Big Lead On First Ballot
PyeongChang 2010 almost pulled off a miracle.
CBC Reports that the first ballot results in today's bid election were PyeongChang with 51 votes, Vancouver with 40 and Salzburg with 16.
Salzburg was eliminated and Vancouver got almost all of the absorbed votes to squeak out a victory - 56 to 53 over PyeongChang on the final ballot.
PyeongChang was considered a longshot but was just three votes shy of winning on the first ballot.
Hidden treasure indeed! Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Beijing Launches Official 2022 Bid Website
- FILA Aims to Consolidate Wrestling Message With New International Ad Campaign
- Yang Ho Cho Appointed PyeongChang 2018 President
- London Defeats Doha to host 2017 World Athletics Championships