PyeongChang Had Big Lead On First Ballot
PyeongChang 2010 almost pulled off a miracle.
CBC Reports that the first ballot results in today's bid election were PyeongChang with 51 votes, Vancouver with 40 and Salzburg with 16.
Salzburg was eliminated and Vancouver got almost all of the absorbed votes to squeak out a victory - 56 to 53 over PyeongChang on the final ballot.
PyeongChang was considered a longshot but was just three votes shy of winning on the first ballot.
Hidden treasure indeed! Write or read comments about this article
- Istanbul 2020 Hosting Would Build Bridges
- Oswald Fifth Candidate For IOC President
- COC To Back Possible Toronto 2024 Bid
- GB2M Podcast Ep. 6 - Exclusive Interview with Baku 2020 Olympic Bid Committee CEO Konul Nurullayeva (Part 1)
- Unions Support Madrid 2020 Bid