PyeongChang Had Big Lead On First Ballot
PyeongChang 2010 almost pulled off a miracle.
CBC Reports that the first ballot results in today's bid election were PyeongChang with 51 votes, Vancouver with 40 and Salzburg with 16.
Salzburg was eliminated and Vancouver got almost all of the absorbed votes to squeak out a victory - 56 to 53 over PyeongChang on the final ballot.
PyeongChang was considered a longshot but was just three votes shy of winning on the first ballot.
Hidden treasure indeed! Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Doping Trial Shouldn't Penalize Madrid 2020 - Bid Head
- Los Angeles Steps Up For 2024 Summer Games Bid
- USOC To Explore Potential 2024 Summer Games Bid