PyeongChang Had Big Lead On First Ballot
PyeongChang 2010 almost pulled off a miracle.
CBC Reports that the first ballot results in today's bid election were PyeongChang with 51 votes, Vancouver with 40 and Salzburg with 16.
Salzburg was eliminated and Vancouver got almost all of the absorbed votes to squeak out a victory - 56 to 53 over PyeongChang on the final ballot.
PyeongChang was considered a longshot but was just three votes shy of winning on the first ballot.
Hidden treasure indeed! Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Simple Majority Needed For German 2024 Olympic Bid
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Vancouver 2010 Chooses Ilanaaq For Official Emblem
- Salzburg 2014, PyeongChang 2014 News