Salzburg Defeated On First Ballot, Second Ballot Required To Elect 2010 Winner
At the 115th IOC Session in Prague, Jacques Rogge has announced that the first round of voting has concluded. Salzburg, Austria was dropped from the ballot after receiving the fewest votes.
The first ballot contained the names of the three 2010 Olympic bid candidates - Salzburg, Vancouver and PyeongChang.
There will be a final ballot between Vancouver and PyeongChang to elect the winner and the decision will be announced at 5:30 pm local Prague time. Write or read comments about this article
- Oslo Drops 2022 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- IOC Loses Another Candidate as Oslo's 2022 bid is Crushed
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- IOC Announces Members of the 2022 Olympic Bid Evaluation Commission
- Chicago 2016 Dot-Com-troversy Heats Up