Salzburg Defeated On First Ballot, Second Ballot Required To Elect 2010 Winner
At the 115th IOC Session in Prague, Jacques Rogge has announced that the first round of voting has concluded. Salzburg, Austria was dropped from the ballot after receiving the fewest votes.
The first ballot contained the names of the three 2010 Olympic bid candidates - Salzburg, Vancouver and PyeongChang.
There will be a final ballot between Vancouver and PyeongChang to elect the winner and the decision will be announced at 5:30 pm local Prague time. Write or read comments about this article
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Richard Carrion Announces His Candidacy For IOC President
- Olympic Champion Jennie Finch Urges Support For Softball
- Yang Ho Cho Appointed Advisor for ITTF
- Ser Miang Ng Wants Games in Africa, Member Visits to Bid Cities Reviewed