Salzburg Defeated On First Ballot, Second Ballot Required To Elect 2010 Winner
At the 115th IOC Session in Prague, Jacques Rogge has announced that the first round of voting has concluded. Salzburg, Austria was dropped from the ballot after receiving the fewest votes.
The first ballot contained the names of the three 2010 Olympic bid candidates - Salzburg, Vancouver and PyeongChang.
There will be a final ballot between Vancouver and PyeongChang to elect the winner and the decision will be announced at 5:30 pm local Prague time. Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- United States To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- Six 2022 Olympic Bid Cities Gain Insight At IOC Seminar
- BidIndex: Tokyo Leads; Race Tightens as 2020 Olympic Bid Enters Final Week
- Toronto Should Bid For 2028 Olympics Instead Of 2024