Salzburg Defeated On First Ballot, Second Ballot Required To Elect 2010 Winner
At the 115th IOC Session in Prague, Jacques Rogge has announced that the first round of voting has concluded. Salzburg, Austria was dropped from the ballot after receiving the fewest votes.
The first ballot contained the names of the three 2010 Olympic bid candidates - Salzburg, Vancouver and PyeongChang.
There will be a final ballot between Vancouver and PyeongChang to elect the winner and the decision will be announced at 5:30 pm local Prague time. Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Sapporo Japan To Bid For 2026 Winter Olympics
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Salzburg 2014, PyeongChang 2014 News
- Only Twenty Per Cent Support Paris 2024 Bid