Softball Approves Merger With Baseball For Joint 2020 Bid
The International Softball Federation (ISF) approved Tuesday a merger with baseball as part of a combined bid for inclusion in the 2020 Summer Olympic Games.
The resolution passed by a vote of 71 per cent in favour of a merger at a special congress in Houston.
Both sports were voted off the Olympic program in 2005 and made a final appearance at the 2008 Beijing Summer Games.
The two sports are competing against karate, roller sports, squash, sport climbing, wakeboard and wushu for one opening in the 2020 Games.Write or read comments about this article
|Bid Status:||Climbing, karate, roller sports, squash, wakeboard, wushu, wrestling and baseball/softball bidding for 2020 inclusion|
|Bid Date:||September 2013|
|Bid Location:||Beunos Aires, Argentina|
|Description:||Climbing, karate, roller sports, squash, wakeboard, wrestling,wushu and baseball/softball bidding for 2020 inclusion|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
- Oswald Fifth Candidate For IOC President
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Istanbul 2020 Pledges To ONOC
- Richard Carrion Announces His Candidacy For IOC President
- GB2M Podcast Ep. 5 - Exclusive Interview with Sochi 2014 Olympic Organizing Committee President Dmitry Chernyshenko (Part 2)