Summer Olympic Bids
In its presentation to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Wednesday, Madrid 2020 emphasized that with 80 per cent of the main infrastructure and venues built,
Istanbul 2020's briefing to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Wednesday focussed on Turkey's delivery capacity and the profound impact the country's first Games would have ...
Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso unveiled a Japanese government initiative called "Sport for Tomorrow" during Tokyo 2020's presentation to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in ...
Embatteld Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan's intention to lead the Istanbul 2020 Olympic bid team into Buenos Aires for the final vote in September ...
Ali Babacan, Deputy Minister of Turkey for Economic and Financial Affairs, is to lead Istanbul 2020's high-level delegation at the 2020 Candidate Cities briefing for ...
With eyes on Istanbul as a potential host of the 2020 Olympic Games, International Olympic Committee (IOC) members on Tuesday received a technical evaluation of ...
After three four-day visits to the candidate cities and an intensive review of 12-volumes and 100-pages of technical bid details, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) ...
On Tuesday, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) released its Evalution Report analyzing the three cities vying to host the 2020 Olympic Games.The 110-document written by ...
Istanbul's Mayor Kadir Topbas urged protesters Monday not to persist with demonstrations, saying that prolonged protests in Turkey could turn the city's hopes of hosting ...
On Tuesday, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) is set to release its Evalution Report that will analyze three cities vying to host the 2020 Olympic ...
- Madrid Won't Bid For Future Olympics
- Tokyo's Win Is Easy to Understand
- 2020 Olympic Bid - Final Vote Count
- Tokyo Wins Bid to Host the Olympic Games in 2020
- Madrid Is Eliminated After First Ballot of 2020 Olympic Bid
- 2020 Olympic Bid Presentations Address Issues But Fail to Provide Evidence of A Winner
- Japanese Prime Minister Abe Blasts Media for Misleading Headlines Regarding Fukushima
- Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Erdogan Wants Peace, Tolerance With 2020 Olympic Games
- The 2020 Olympic Bid Voting Process
- Will Tokyo Beat the “Frontrunner Jinx”?
- IOC Analyzes Chicago 2016 Loss At Vancouver 2010 Games
- The "Big Money" Was In Chicago: IOC President Jacques Rogge
- Copenhagen, Brazil?
- Rival Bid Cities Disappointed
- The Oympic Bid Vote - Ballot By Ballot Results
- Rio Wins 2016 Olympic Bid
- Tokyo Has Been Eliminated From 2016 Olympic Bid
- Chicago Eliminated From First Ballot
- Olympic Host City Selection Voting Procedures
- 2016 Race Too Close To Call
- Los Angeles Steps Up For 2024 Summer Games Bid
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges
- USOC To Explore Potential 2024 Summer Games Bid
- South Africa To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympics
- Russia Won't Bid For 2024 Olympic Games
- IOC Debates Reinstating Member Visits to Bid Cities; National Bids
- "It is our intention to bid": USOC on 2024 Olympics
- Hamburg Bid For Summer Olympics?
- Shanghai Should Consider A 2028 Summer Olympic Bid - Adviser
- Toronto Won't Bid For 2024 Summer Games
Summer Olympic Bids Logo
Summer Olympic Bids Summary
Summer Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|May 16, 2011||NOC's can submit names of applicant cities|
|Until July 29, 2011||Applicant Cities to inform IOC of alternate Games dates proposals|
|September 1, 2011||Deadline to confirm submission of applicant cities|
|February 15, 2012||Applicant file due|
|May 2012||Announcement of candidate shortlist|
|January 2013||Candidate file "bid books" due|
|March 4-7, 2013||Tokyo - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 18-21, 2013||Madrid - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 24-27, 2013||Istanbul - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|July 2013||Evaluation Report Released - Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|September 7, 2013||Winner Announced at IOC Session - Buenos Aires, Argentina|