Summer Olympic Bids
AFP reports Tokyo Governor Naoki Inose saying Friday that a leak of highly radioactive water at the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant won't affect Tokyo's
Less than three weeks before the International Olympic Committee (IOC) votes for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games host city, Tokyo 2020 chief executive officer Masato ...
A recent announcement by Turkey's Economy Minister Zafer Caglayan that the country's construction industry has secured 154 international projects worth $14 billion in the first ...
The San Diego 2024 Exploratory Committee is trying to raise $2.5 million in the next month or two to put together a report showing San ...
Istanbul 2020 marked UN International Youth Day Monday, reaffirming its commitment to engaging the nation's tens of millions of young people and hundreds of millions ...
International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Jacques Rogge said Friday that Russia must explain how it will implement its controversial anti-gay propaganda law and detail its ...
A Tokyo 2020 delegation appeared in Moscow today ahead of the 14th IAAF World Championships, and made it clear that their bid for the 2020 ...
One month to go before the election of the host city for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games, Alejandro Blanco, President of Madrid 2020, feels there ...
ANSA reports that the head of the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) said Wednesday Rome may yet be in the running to host the 2024 Summer ...
Following a successful test run, the world's first intercontinental subway is on track to open in October after a successful test run. The Marmaray Rail ...
- Madrid Won't Bid For Future Olympics
- Tokyo's Win Is Easy to Understand
- 2020 Olympic Bid - Final Vote Count
- Tokyo Wins Bid to Host the Olympic Games in 2020
- Madrid Is Eliminated After First Ballot of 2020 Olympic Bid
- 2020 Olympic Bid Presentations Address Issues But Fail to Provide Evidence of A Winner
- Japanese Prime Minister Abe Blasts Media for Misleading Headlines Regarding Fukushima
- Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Erdogan Wants Peace, Tolerance With 2020 Olympic Games
- The 2020 Olympic Bid Voting Process
- Will Tokyo Beat the “Frontrunner Jinx”?
- IOC Analyzes Chicago 2016 Loss At Vancouver 2010 Games
- The "Big Money" Was In Chicago: IOC President Jacques Rogge
- Copenhagen, Brazil?
- Rival Bid Cities Disappointed
- The Oympic Bid Vote - Ballot By Ballot Results
- Rio Wins 2016 Olympic Bid
- Tokyo Has Been Eliminated From 2016 Olympic Bid
- Chicago Eliminated From First Ballot
- Olympic Host City Selection Voting Procedures
- 2016 Race Too Close To Call
- USOC To Meet With Four Bid Cities
- USOC Candidate Cities React
- USOC Announces 2024 Bid City Candidate List
- Four Cities Make USOC 2024 Bid Shortlist
- U.S. List Of 2024 Bid Cities Cut
- Paris Mayor Has Reservations About Paris 2024 Olympic Bid
- USOC May Secretly Short-List "Two or Three Cities" for 2024 Olympic Bid on June 10
- Philadelphia Drops Out Of Race For 2024 Summer Olympics
- New York Rejects A 2024 Olympic Bid
- South Africa Hopes To Lay Groundwork For An Olympic Bid
Summer Olympic Bids Logo
Summer Olympic Bids Summary
Summer Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|May 16, 2011||NOC's can submit names of applicant cities|
|Until July 29, 2011||Applicant Cities to inform IOC of alternate Games dates proposals|
|September 1, 2011||Deadline to confirm submission of applicant cities|
|February 15, 2012||Applicant file due|
|May 2012||Announcement of candidate shortlist|
|January 2013||Candidate file "bid books" due|
|March 4-7, 2013||Tokyo - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 18-21, 2013||Madrid - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 24-27, 2013||Istanbul - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|July 2013||Evaluation Report Released - Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|September 7, 2013||Winner Announced at IOC Session - Buenos Aires, Argentina|