Summer Olympic Bids
Mayor Ilsur Metshin of Kazan, the Russian city hosting the World University Games, vowed Wednesday to hold a city-wide opinion poll on whether Kazan should
Should Tokyo host the 2020 Summer Olympic Games, organizers vow to have the strictest anti-doping rules in Olympic history. Masato Mizuno, Vice-President of the Japanese ...
Any plans for a Dubai 2024 Olympic bid have been sidelined. Wajdan Dakhooni, head of strategic planning for the UAE National Olympic Committee told 7Days, ...
As many as 30 Turkish track and field athletes reportedly failed urine tests in a target-testing program by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) ...
Tulsa is planning a bid for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games, but the bid committee reportedly doesn't expect to place its bid until 2015. Although host ...
A joint San Diego-Tijuana bid for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games has been cancelled. Vince Mudd, member of the new San Diego Olympic Host Committee ...
In its presentation to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Wednesday, Madrid 2020 emphasized that with 80 per cent of the main infrastructure and venues built, ...
Istanbul 2020's briefing to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Wednesday focussed on Turkey's delivery capacity and the profound impact the country's first Games would have ...
Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso unveiled a Japanese government initiative called "Sport for Tomorrow" during Tokyo 2020's presentation to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in ...
Embatteld Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan's intention to lead the Istanbul 2020 Olympic bid team into Buenos Aires for the final vote in September ...
- Madrid Won't Bid For Future Olympics
- Tokyo's Win Is Easy to Understand
- 2020 Olympic Bid - Final Vote Count
- Tokyo Wins Bid to Host the Olympic Games in 2020
- Madrid Is Eliminated After First Ballot of 2020 Olympic Bid
- 2020 Olympic Bid Presentations Address Issues But Fail to Provide Evidence of A Winner
- Japanese Prime Minister Abe Blasts Media for Misleading Headlines Regarding Fukushima
- Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Erdogan Wants Peace, Tolerance With 2020 Olympic Games
- The 2020 Olympic Bid Voting Process
- Will Tokyo Beat the “Frontrunner Jinx”?
- IOC Analyzes Chicago 2016 Loss At Vancouver 2010 Games
- The "Big Money" Was In Chicago: IOC President Jacques Rogge
- Copenhagen, Brazil?
- Rival Bid Cities Disappointed
- The Oympic Bid Vote - Ballot By Ballot Results
- Rio Wins 2016 Olympic Bid
- Tokyo Has Been Eliminated From 2016 Olympic Bid
- Chicago Eliminated From First Ballot
- Olympic Host City Selection Voting Procedures
- 2016 Race Too Close To Call
- USOC Not Decided On 2024 Olympic Games Bid
- San Diego Submits 2024 Summer Games Bid Proposal
- Mexico 2024 Olympic Bid Off The Table
- Possible 2024 Olympic Bid By Mexico
- Berlin Considers Bidding For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- Business Leaders To Head A Washington 2024 Summer Olympic Bid
- Los Angeles Steps Up For 2024 Summer Games Bid
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges
- USOC To Explore Potential 2024 Summer Games Bid
- South Africa To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympics
Summer Olympic Bids Logo
Summer Olympic Bids Summary
Summer Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|May 16, 2011||NOC's can submit names of applicant cities|
|Until July 29, 2011||Applicant Cities to inform IOC of alternate Games dates proposals|
|September 1, 2011||Deadline to confirm submission of applicant cities|
|February 15, 2012||Applicant file due|
|May 2012||Announcement of candidate shortlist|
|January 2013||Candidate file "bid books" due|
|March 4-7, 2013||Tokyo - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 18-21, 2013||Madrid - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 24-27, 2013||Istanbul - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|July 2013||Evaluation Report Released - Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|September 7, 2013||Winner Announced at IOC Session - Buenos Aires, Argentina|