Summer Olympic Bids
Wednesday the Massachusetts House of Representatives passed legislation to create an 11-member committee to push forward an initiative to host the 2024 Summer Olympic Games
Italian Olympic officials reportedly ruled out on Thursday Rome as Italy's candidate to bid for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games, because the city is "on ...
It's been more than seven months since the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) asked the mayors of 35 U.S. cities if they were interested in hosting ...
The Los Angeles Board of Supervisors unanimously voted Tuesday to urge the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) to hold the summer Games in the city, ...
Madrid Mayor Ana Botella said Madrid shouldn't bid again for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games after Madrid once again lost its bid, this time for ...
The southern port city of Busan, South Korea, has postponed its bid for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games following Tokyo's selection as the host city ...
Buenos Aires, Argentina – At the end of a two-year campaign, the name in the envelope was ‘Tokyo’, It was decided after the International ...
Buenos Aires, Argentina - Following, from the IOC is the round-by-round vote count tabulated for the 2020 Olympic bid election won by Tokyo today.Round 1 ...
Buenos Aires, Argentina – The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has elected the city of Tokyo to host the Olympic Games in 2020. Istanbul was ...
Buenos Aires, Argentina – The International Committee (IOC) members have cast their ballots for their choice to host the 2020 Olympic Games and Madrid, with ...
- Madrid Won't Bid For Future Olympics
- Tokyo's Win Is Easy to Understand
- 2020 Olympic Bid - Final Vote Count
- Tokyo Wins Bid to Host the Olympic Games in 2020
- Madrid Is Eliminated After First Ballot of 2020 Olympic Bid
- 2020 Olympic Bid Presentations Address Issues But Fail to Provide Evidence of A Winner
- Japanese Prime Minister Abe Blasts Media for Misleading Headlines Regarding Fukushima
- Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Erdogan Wants Peace, Tolerance With 2020 Olympic Games
- The 2020 Olympic Bid Voting Process
- Will Tokyo Beat the “Frontrunner Jinx”?
- IOC Analyzes Chicago 2016 Loss At Vancouver 2010 Games
- The "Big Money" Was In Chicago: IOC President Jacques Rogge
- Copenhagen, Brazil?
- Rival Bid Cities Disappointed
- The Oympic Bid Vote - Ballot By Ballot Results
- Rio Wins 2016 Olympic Bid
- Tokyo Has Been Eliminated From 2016 Olympic Bid
- Chicago Eliminated From First Ballot
- Olympic Host City Selection Voting Procedures
- 2016 Race Too Close To Call
- Simple Majority Needed For German 2024 Olympic Bid
- A Paris 2024 Summer Bid In Question
- Berlin Launches Bid For 2024 Or 2028 Summer Olympics
- Boston 2024 Unveils Website And Video Amid Local Opposition
- France May Still Bid For 2024 Summer Games
- Decision Delayed On German Candidate For Future Olympics
- Doha, Dubai Ready To Host Olympics
- Hamburg Plans Two Olympic Bids
- Olympic Head Supports Budapest 2024 Games Bid
- Strong Support Would Decide A German Olympic Bid
Summer Olympic Bids Logo
Summer Olympic Bids Summary
Summer Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|May 16, 2011||NOC's can submit names of applicant cities|
|Until July 29, 2011||Applicant Cities to inform IOC of alternate Games dates proposals|
|September 1, 2011||Deadline to confirm submission of applicant cities|
|February 15, 2012||Applicant file due|
|May 2012||Announcement of candidate shortlist|
|January 2013||Candidate file "bid books" due|
|March 4-7, 2013||Tokyo - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 18-21, 2013||Madrid - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 24-27, 2013||Istanbul - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|July 2013||Evaluation Report Released - Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|September 7, 2013||Winner Announced at IOC Session - Buenos Aires, Argentina|