Poll: 2020 Olympic Sports
Which of the three shortlisted 2020 sports do you support?
Summer Olympic Bids
Wildlife activists plan to petition members of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) , who will be in Tokyo March 4, to reject Japan as a
GamesBids.com Reporting from the scene in Seoul, South Korea...
According to a Tokyo 2020-sponsored survey conducted by telephone in January, nearly 10 million people, or 73 per cent of the population, support Tokyo's bid ...
R-Sport reports South Africa is fit to host the 2024 Summer Olympic Games, and would be supported by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), according to ...
Seven of Turkey's largest companies are sponsoring Istanbul's bid for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games. The companies include Digiturk, Dogus Holding, Koc Holding, Sabanci Holding, ...
Delegations from two of the 2020 Olympic bid cities - Madrid and Tokyo - presented their bids Thursday. Madrid 2020 Bid President Alejandro Blanco and ...
Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy urged every Spaniard to give the same nationwide support to Madrid 2020 as was given to Barcelona when it was ...
Istanbul's ranking as one of the world's top 10 tourist destinations for 2013 published in a New York Times report this week has given the ...
Special: Andrew Iredale Reporting for GamesBids.com from London...
Seventy-two per cent of those polled across the Middle East and North Africa by pollster YouGov said they would welcome a Dubai bid for the ...
- Anti-Government Protests To "Strengthen" Istanbul's Olympic Bid
- Tokyo 2020 Guarantees Superb Games
- Madrid 2020 Makes Presentation At ANOC
- Madrid 2020 Looking To ANOC
- Turkey's Olympic Bid Almost Helpless amid Intensifying Protests
- Tokyo 2020 To Deliver "Ultra-Compact" And "Superb Games"
- Turkey's Mediterranean Games To Continue As Planned Despite National Protests
- Bach Calls For Overhaul of Olympic Bid Process
- Rogge Downplays Impact of Protests on Istanbul's 2020 Olympic Bid
- People United Behind Istanbul 2020 Bid
- IOC Analyzes Chicago 2016 Loss At Vancouver 2010 Games
- The "Big Money" Was In Chicago: IOC President Jacques Rogge
- Copenhagen, Brazil?
- Rival Bid Cities Disappointed
- The Oympic Bid Vote - Ballot By Ballot Results
- Rio Wins 2016 Olympic Bid
- Tokyo Has Been Eliminated From 2016 Olympic Bid
- Chicago Eliminated From First Ballot
- Olympic Host City Selection Voting Procedures
- 2016 Race Too Close To Call
- USOC To Narrow Potential Olympic 2024 Candidates
- South Africa Happy To Bid For 2024 Summer Games
- COC To Back Possible Toronto 2024 Bid
- Joint San Diego-Tijuana 2024 Bid In Jeopardy
- Committee To Study Potential Boston 2024 Olympic Bid
- USOC Talking To 10 Cities About 2024 Olympic Bid
- Tulsa Wants To Change Image By Bidding For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- San Diego Mayor Wants Bid With Tijuana For 2024 Summer Games
- Philadelphia Interested In 2024 Olympic Bid
- Seattle May Bid For 2024 Summer Games
Summer Olympic Bids Logo
Summer Olympic Bids Summary
Summer Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|May 16, 2011||NOC's can submit names of applicant cities|
|Until July 29, 2011||Applicant Cities to inform IOC of alternate Games dates proposals|
|September 1, 2011||Deadline to confirm submission of applicant cities|
|February 15, 2012||Applicant file due|
|May 2012||Announcement of candidate shortlist|
|January 2013||Candidate file "bid books" due|
|March 4-7, 2013||Tokyo - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 18-21, 2013||Madrid - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 24-27, 2013||Istanbul - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|July 2013||Evaluation Report Released - Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|September 7, 2013||Winner Announced at IOC Session - Buenos Aires, Argentina|