Summer Olympic Bids
International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Jacques Rogge said Friday that Russia must explain how it will implement its controversial anti-gay propaganda law and detail its
A Tokyo 2020 delegation appeared in Moscow today ahead of the 14th IAAF World Championships, and made it clear that their bid for the 2020 ...
One month to go before the election of the host city for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games, Alejandro Blanco, President of Madrid 2020, feels there ...
ANSA reports that the head of the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) said Wednesday Rome may yet be in the running to host the 2024 Summer ...
Following a successful test run, the world's first intercontinental subway is on track to open in October after a successful test run. The Marmaray Rail ...
The suspension of 31 Turkish athletes for two years each due to doping violations was announced by the Turkish Athletics Federation (TAF) Monday. The bans ...
Istanbul has been named the number one city in Europe in the international tourist magazine Travel & Leisure's "World's Best Awards 2013". Voters from the ...
Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, and other members of the cabinet will be attending a session of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) ...
The Associated Press reports the Massachusetts Senate has approved a bill that would study the feasibility of the state hosting the 2024 Summer Olympic Games. ...
Leaders of Istanbul's bid for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games say the project enjoys overwhelming domestic support and is picking up momentum ahead of the ...
- Madrid Won't Bid For Future Olympics
- Tokyo's Win Is Easy to Understand
- 2020 Olympic Bid - Final Vote Count
- Tokyo Wins Bid to Host the Olympic Games in 2020
- Madrid Is Eliminated After First Ballot of 2020 Olympic Bid
- 2020 Olympic Bid Presentations Address Issues But Fail to Provide Evidence of A Winner
- Japanese Prime Minister Abe Blasts Media for Misleading Headlines Regarding Fukushima
- Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Erdogan Wants Peace, Tolerance With 2020 Olympic Games
- The 2020 Olympic Bid Voting Process
- Will Tokyo Beat the “Frontrunner Jinx”?
- IOC Analyzes Chicago 2016 Loss At Vancouver 2010 Games
- The "Big Money" Was In Chicago: IOC President Jacques Rogge
- Copenhagen, Brazil?
- Rival Bid Cities Disappointed
- The Oympic Bid Vote - Ballot By Ballot Results
- Rio Wins 2016 Olympic Bid
- Tokyo Has Been Eliminated From 2016 Olympic Bid
- Chicago Eliminated From First Ballot
- Olympic Host City Selection Voting Procedures
- 2016 Race Too Close To Call
- Boston 2024 Unveils Website And Video Amid Local Opposition
- France May Still Bid For 2024 Summer Games
- Decision Delayed On German Candidate For Future Olympics
- Doha, Dubai Ready To Host Olympics
- Hamburg Plans Two Olympic Bids
- Olympic Head Supports Budapest 2024 Games Bid
- Strong Support Would Decide A German Olympic Bid
- Washington 2024 Bid Takes Shape
- Dubai Considers Bidding For Olympics Within Eight Years
- Bach Sees Nanjing 2014 As Test For Future Olympic Bid Models
Summer Olympic Bids Logo
Summer Olympic Bids Summary
Summer Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|May 16, 2011||NOC's can submit names of applicant cities|
|Until July 29, 2011||Applicant Cities to inform IOC of alternate Games dates proposals|
|September 1, 2011||Deadline to confirm submission of applicant cities|
|February 15, 2012||Applicant file due|
|May 2012||Announcement of candidate shortlist|
|January 2013||Candidate file "bid books" due|
|March 4-7, 2013||Tokyo - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 18-21, 2013||Madrid - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 24-27, 2013||Istanbul - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|July 2013||Evaluation Report Released - Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|September 7, 2013||Winner Announced at IOC Session - Buenos Aires, Argentina|