Summer Olympic Bids
The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) said Friday it will back a possible bid from Toronto for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games, ahead of a potential
An Olympic Games in Tokyo will help bolster the Olympic movement, 2020 bid President Tsunekazu Takeda claimed at a press conference with foreign media in ...
Istanbul's bid for the 2020 Summer Olympic Gamest got a boost Wednesday when the city completed a record-breaking tender for its third international airport. The ...
Alejandro Blanco, head of Madrid 2020, said Friday that the Operation Puerto trial into a doping ring in professional cycling has been "a mistake and ...
On Tuesday, Japan's Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications released new economic indicators that showed consumer confidence is growing as household spending skyrocketed by 5.2 ...
A cross-border bid by San Diego and Tijuana, Mexico to host the 2024 Summer Olympic Games may be in jeopardy when the U.S. Olympic Committee ...
Turkey's Minister of Youth and Sports, Suat Kilic, issued a statement accepting the Governor of Tokyo's apology for criticizing Istanbul 2020's bid for the Summer ...
Boston's committee on Tourism, Arts and Cultural Development will be meeting May 7 to discuss forming a commission that will examine a potential 2024 Summer ...
Tsunekazu Takeda, IOC Member and President of both the Japanese Olympic Committee and Tokyo 2020 and Governor of Tokyo, Naoki Inose, issued a statement Tuesday on ...
More than 26,000 runners took part in the 36th Madrid Rock 'n Roll Marathon and Half Marathon Sunday, boosting Madrid's bid to host the 2020 Summer ...
- Madrid Won't Bid For Future Olympics
- Tokyo's Win Is Easy to Understand
- 2020 Olympic Bid - Final Vote Count
- Tokyo Wins Bid to Host the Olympic Games in 2020
- Madrid Is Eliminated After First Ballot of 2020 Olympic Bid
- 2020 Olympic Bid Presentations Address Issues But Fail to Provide Evidence of A Winner
- Japanese Prime Minister Abe Blasts Media for Misleading Headlines Regarding Fukushima
- Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Erdogan Wants Peace, Tolerance With 2020 Olympic Games
- The 2020 Olympic Bid Voting Process
- Will Tokyo Beat the “Frontrunner Jinx”?
- IOC Analyzes Chicago 2016 Loss At Vancouver 2010 Games
- The "Big Money" Was In Chicago: IOC President Jacques Rogge
- Copenhagen, Brazil?
- Rival Bid Cities Disappointed
- The Oympic Bid Vote - Ballot By Ballot Results
- Rio Wins 2016 Olympic Bid
- Tokyo Has Been Eliminated From 2016 Olympic Bid
- Chicago Eliminated From First Ballot
- Olympic Host City Selection Voting Procedures
- 2016 Race Too Close To Call
- United States To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- Committee Backs Exploring San Diego 2024 Summer Olympic Bid
- Toronto Should Bid For 2028 Olympics Instead Of 2024
- Possible Resolution On San Diego 2024 Olympic Bid
- Istanbul Promises "Strongest Bid Yet" For Olympic Games
- South Africa To Bid For Summer Olympic Games
- USOC Visits Prospective 2024 Bid Cities
- Hamburg Pulls Back From 2024 Summer Olympic Bid
- Boston Forms Commission For 2024 Olympic Bid
- Saint Petersburg RussiaTo Bid For A Summer Olympics
Summer Olympic Bids Logo
Summer Olympic Bids Summary
Summer Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|May 16, 2011||NOC's can submit names of applicant cities|
|Until July 29, 2011||Applicant Cities to inform IOC of alternate Games dates proposals|
|September 1, 2011||Deadline to confirm submission of applicant cities|
|February 15, 2012||Applicant file due|
|May 2012||Announcement of candidate shortlist|
|January 2013||Candidate file "bid books" due|
|March 4-7, 2013||Tokyo - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 18-21, 2013||Madrid - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 24-27, 2013||Istanbul - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|July 2013||Evaluation Report Released - Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|September 7, 2013||Winner Announced at IOC Session - Buenos Aires, Argentina|