Summer Olympic Bids
The Madrid 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games bid team was in Lausanne, Switzerland for the Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC) Extraordinary General Assembly, where
The Madrid 2020 bid team says its looking forward to the General Assembly of the Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC) being held this week. ...
As tensions heighten and protests continue across Istanbul and Turkey, the Istanbul 2020 Olympic bid can only watch on the sidelines and offer damage control, ...
Following a board meeting in Colorado Tuesday, USOC CEO Scott Blackmun told The Associated Press that they're looking to narrow the list of potential candidates ...
Tsunekazu Takeda, President of Tokyo 2020, issued a statement Monday saying "following the productive meeting with out international friends at the SportAccord Convention, Tokyo is ...
Turkey’s National Olympic Committee (NOC) announced Monday that the Mediterranean Games scheduled to be held in Mersin, Turkey from June 20 to 30 will proceed ...
A day after International Olympic Committee (IOC) Vice President Thomas Bach distributed his manifesto to fellow members that outline his campaign to become the organization’s ...
International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Jacques Rogge Thursday shrugged off any concerns that current unrest in Turkey will have a detrimental impact on Istanbul's bid ...
The Associated Press reports that promoters of Istanbul bidding for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games "remain confident the Turkish people are united behind their campaign ...
Jacob Zuma, President of South Africa, said Tuesday that South Africa would be "very happy" if it became the first African nation to host the ...
- Madrid Won't Bid For Future Olympics
- Tokyo's Win Is Easy to Understand
- 2020 Olympic Bid - Final Vote Count
- Tokyo Wins Bid to Host the Olympic Games in 2020
- Madrid Is Eliminated After First Ballot of 2020 Olympic Bid
- 2020 Olympic Bid Presentations Address Issues But Fail to Provide Evidence of A Winner
- Japanese Prime Minister Abe Blasts Media for Misleading Headlines Regarding Fukushima
- Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Erdogan Wants Peace, Tolerance With 2020 Olympic Games
- The 2020 Olympic Bid Voting Process
- Will Tokyo Beat the “Frontrunner Jinx”?
- IOC Analyzes Chicago 2016 Loss At Vancouver 2010 Games
- The "Big Money" Was In Chicago: IOC President Jacques Rogge
- Copenhagen, Brazil?
- Rival Bid Cities Disappointed
- The Oympic Bid Vote - Ballot By Ballot Results
- Rio Wins 2016 Olympic Bid
- Tokyo Has Been Eliminated From 2016 Olympic Bid
- Chicago Eliminated From First Ballot
- Olympic Host City Selection Voting Procedures
- 2016 Race Too Close To Call
- USOC Not Decided On 2024 Olympic Games Bid
- San Diego Submits 2024 Summer Games Bid Proposal
- Mexico 2024 Olympic Bid Off The Table
- Possible 2024 Olympic Bid By Mexico
- Berlin Considers Bidding For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- Business Leaders To Head A Washington 2024 Summer Olympic Bid
- Los Angeles Steps Up For 2024 Summer Games Bid
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges
- USOC To Explore Potential 2024 Summer Games Bid
- South Africa To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympics
Summer Olympic Bids Logo
Summer Olympic Bids Summary
Summer Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|May 16, 2011||NOC's can submit names of applicant cities|
|Until July 29, 2011||Applicant Cities to inform IOC of alternate Games dates proposals|
|September 1, 2011||Deadline to confirm submission of applicant cities|
|February 15, 2012||Applicant file due|
|May 2012||Announcement of candidate shortlist|
|January 2013||Candidate file "bid books" due|
|March 4-7, 2013||Tokyo - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 18-21, 2013||Madrid - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 24-27, 2013||Istanbul - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|July 2013||Evaluation Report Released - Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|September 7, 2013||Winner Announced at IOC Session - Buenos Aires, Argentina|