Summer Olympic Bids
DC 2024, a newly-formed organization supported by the political, business and sporting communities in Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia metropolitan region, has issued a statement
Alejandro Blanco, President of Madrid 2020, after landing in Buenos Aires to prepare for the last stage of the Madrid 2020 Olympic bid said, "I ...
The latest government survey on the bid for the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games reveals that 92 per cent of the public support Tokyo hosting ...
AFP reports Tokyo Governor Naoki Inose saying Friday that a leak of highly radioactive water at the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant won't affect Tokyo's ...
Less than three weeks before the International Olympic Committee (IOC) votes for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games host city, Tokyo 2020 chief executive officer Masato ...
A recent announcement by Turkey's Economy Minister Zafer Caglayan that the country's construction industry has secured 154 international projects worth $14 billion in the first ...
The San Diego 2024 Exploratory Committee is trying to raise $2.5 million in the next month or two to put together a report showing San ...
Istanbul 2020 marked UN International Youth Day Monday, reaffirming its commitment to engaging the nation's tens of millions of young people and hundreds of millions ...
International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Jacques Rogge said Friday that Russia must explain how it will implement its controversial anti-gay propaganda law and detail its ...
A Tokyo 2020 delegation appeared in Moscow today ahead of the 14th IAAF World Championships, and made it clear that their bid for the 2020 ...
- Madrid Won't Bid For Future Olympics
- Tokyo's Win Is Easy to Understand
- 2020 Olympic Bid - Final Vote Count
- Tokyo Wins Bid to Host the Olympic Games in 2020
- Madrid Is Eliminated After First Ballot of 2020 Olympic Bid
- 2020 Olympic Bid Presentations Address Issues But Fail to Provide Evidence of A Winner
- Japanese Prime Minister Abe Blasts Media for Misleading Headlines Regarding Fukushima
- Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Erdogan Wants Peace, Tolerance With 2020 Olympic Games
- The 2020 Olympic Bid Voting Process
- Will Tokyo Beat the “Frontrunner Jinx”?
- IOC Analyzes Chicago 2016 Loss At Vancouver 2010 Games
- The "Big Money" Was In Chicago: IOC President Jacques Rogge
- Copenhagen, Brazil?
- Rival Bid Cities Disappointed
- The Oympic Bid Vote - Ballot By Ballot Results
- Rio Wins 2016 Olympic Bid
- Tokyo Has Been Eliminated From 2016 Olympic Bid
- Chicago Eliminated From First Ballot
- Olympic Host City Selection Voting Procedures
- 2016 Race Too Close To Call
- Group Formed To Protest Boston 2024 Olympic Bid
- Simple Majority Needed For German 2024 Olympic Bid
- A Paris 2024 Summer Bid In Question
- Berlin Launches Bid For 2024 Or 2028 Summer Olympics
- Boston 2024 Unveils Website And Video Amid Local Opposition
- France May Still Bid For 2024 Summer Games
- Decision Delayed On German Candidate For Future Olympics
- Doha, Dubai Ready To Host Olympics
- Hamburg Plans Two Olympic Bids
- Olympic Head Supports Budapest 2024 Games Bid
Summer Olympic Bids Logo
Summer Olympic Bids Summary
Summer Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|May 16, 2011||NOC's can submit names of applicant cities|
|Until July 29, 2011||Applicant Cities to inform IOC of alternate Games dates proposals|
|September 1, 2011||Deadline to confirm submission of applicant cities|
|February 15, 2012||Applicant file due|
|May 2012||Announcement of candidate shortlist|
|January 2013||Candidate file "bid books" due|
|March 4-7, 2013||Tokyo - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 18-21, 2013||Madrid - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 24-27, 2013||Istanbul - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|July 2013||Evaluation Report Released - Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|September 7, 2013||Winner Announced at IOC Session - Buenos Aires, Argentina|