Summer Olympic Bids
The suspension of 31 Turkish athletes for two years each due to doping violations was announced by the Turkish Athletics Federation (TAF) Monday. The bans
Istanbul has been named the number one city in Europe in the international tourist magazine Travel & Leisure's "World's Best Awards 2013". Voters from the ...
Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, and other members of the cabinet will be attending a session of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) ...
The Associated Press reports the Massachusetts Senate has approved a bill that would study the feasibility of the state hosting the 2024 Summer Olympic Games. ...
Leaders of Istanbul's bid for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games say the project enjoys overwhelming domestic support and is picking up momentum ahead of the ...
Tokyo 2020 revealed its "athletes-first" Games plan by unveiling further details about its vision for the Opening Ceremony, should it host the 2020 Summer Olympic ...
Mayor Ilsur Metshin of Kazan, the Russian city hosting the World University Games, vowed Wednesday to hold a city-wide opinion poll on whether Kazan should ...
Should Tokyo host the 2020 Summer Olympic Games, organizers vow to have the strictest anti-doping rules in Olympic history. Masato Mizuno, Vice-President of the Japanese ...
Any plans for a Dubai 2024 Olympic bid have been sidelined. Wajdan Dakhooni, head of strategic planning for the UAE National Olympic Committee told 7Days, ...
As many as 30 Turkish track and field athletes reportedly failed urine tests in a target-testing program by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) ...
- Madrid Won't Bid For Future Olympics
- Tokyo's Win Is Easy to Understand
- 2020 Olympic Bid - Final Vote Count
- Tokyo Wins Bid to Host the Olympic Games in 2020
- Madrid Is Eliminated After First Ballot of 2020 Olympic Bid
- 2020 Olympic Bid Presentations Address Issues But Fail to Provide Evidence of A Winner
- Japanese Prime Minister Abe Blasts Media for Misleading Headlines Regarding Fukushima
- Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Erdogan Wants Peace, Tolerance With 2020 Olympic Games
- The 2020 Olympic Bid Voting Process
- Will Tokyo Beat the “Frontrunner Jinx”?
- IOC Analyzes Chicago 2016 Loss At Vancouver 2010 Games
- The "Big Money" Was In Chicago: IOC President Jacques Rogge
- Copenhagen, Brazil?
- Rival Bid Cities Disappointed
- The Oympic Bid Vote - Ballot By Ballot Results
- Rio Wins 2016 Olympic Bid
- Tokyo Has Been Eliminated From 2016 Olympic Bid
- Chicago Eliminated From First Ballot
- Olympic Host City Selection Voting Procedures
- 2016 Race Too Close To Call
- Doha, Dubai Ready To Host Olympics
- Hamburg Plans Two Olympic Bids
- Olympic Head Supports Budapest 2024 Games Bid
- Strong Support Would Decide A German Olympic Bid
- Washington 2024 Bid Takes Shape
- Dubai Considers Bidding For Olympics Within Eight Years
- Bach Sees Nanjing 2014 As Test For Future Olympic Bid Models
- Dubai Considers Bid For An Olympic Games
- USOC To Meet With Four Bid Cities
- USOC Candidate Cities React
Summer Olympic Bids Logo
Summer Olympic Bids Summary
Summer Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|May 16, 2011||NOC's can submit names of applicant cities|
|Until July 29, 2011||Applicant Cities to inform IOC of alternate Games dates proposals|
|September 1, 2011||Deadline to confirm submission of applicant cities|
|February 15, 2012||Applicant file due|
|May 2012||Announcement of candidate shortlist|
|January 2013||Candidate file "bid books" due|
|March 4-7, 2013||Tokyo - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 18-21, 2013||Madrid - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 24-27, 2013||Istanbul - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|July 2013||Evaluation Report Released - Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|September 7, 2013||Winner Announced at IOC Session - Buenos Aires, Argentina|