Poll: 2020 Olympic Bid
What city do you support to win the 2020 Olympic bid?
Summer Olympic Bids
Leaders of Spain's two most important labour unions gave their support Monday to Madrid's bid for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games. The leaders of Union
Madrid Mayor Ana Botella and Madrid 2020 bid President Alejandro Blanco, expressed their gratitude to the corporate sponsors of the city's bid for the 2020 ...
According to a report in the London Evening Standard Monday, London's City Hall believes Istanbul is leading the race to host the 2020 Olympic Games.Mayor ...
The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) said Friday it will back a possible bid from Toronto for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games, ahead of a potential ...
An Olympic Games in Tokyo will help bolster the Olympic movement, 2020 bid President Tsunekazu Takeda claimed at a press conference with foreign media in ...
Istanbul's bid for the 2020 Summer Olympic Gamest got a boost Wednesday when the city completed a record-breaking tender for its third international airport. The ...
Alejandro Blanco, head of Madrid 2020, said Friday that the Operation Puerto trial into a doping ring in professional cycling has been "a mistake and ...
On Tuesday, Japan's Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications released new economic indicators that showed consumer confidence is growing as household spending skyrocketed by 5.2 ...
A cross-border bid by San Diego and Tijuana, Mexico to host the 2024 Summer Olympic Games may be in jeopardy when the U.S. Olympic Committee ...
Turkey's Minister of Youth and Sports, Suat Kilic, issued a statement accepting the Governor of Tokyo's apology for criticizing Istanbul 2020's bid for the Summer ...
- Unions Support Madrid 2020 Bid
- London Believes Istanbul Leading 2020 Olympic Bid Race
- Tokyo 2020 Edits Olympic Bid Storyline
- Third Airport Boosts Istanbul 2020 Bid
- Doping Trial Shouldn't Penalize Madrid 2020 - Bid Head
- New Favourable Economic Indicators in Japan Bolster Tokyo 2020 Confidence
- Turkey Accepts Tokyo's Apology
- Tokyo 2020 Issues Statement On Governor's Comments
- Madrid Marathon Boosts Madrid's 2020 Olympic Bid
- Madrid 2020 At IOC World Conference
- IOC Analyzes Chicago 2016 Loss At Vancouver 2010 Games
- The "Big Money" Was In Chicago: IOC President Jacques Rogge
- Copenhagen, Brazil?
- Rival Bid Cities Disappointed
- The Oympic Bid Vote - Ballot By Ballot Results
- Rio Wins 2016 Olympic Bid
- Tokyo Has Been Eliminated From 2016 Olympic Bid
- Chicago Eliminated From First Ballot
- Olympic Host City Selection Voting Procedures
- 2016 Race Too Close To Call
- COC To Back Possible Toronto 2024 Bid
- Joint San Diego-Tijuana 2024 Bid In Jeopardy
- Committee To Study Potential Boston 2024 Olympic Bid
- USOC Talking To 10 Cities About 2024 Olympic Bid
- Tulsa Wants To Change Image By Bidding For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- San Diego Mayor Wants Bid With Tijuana For 2024 Summer Games
- Philadelphia Interested In 2024 Olympic Bid
- Seattle May Bid For 2024 Summer Games
- Vienna Won't Bid For 2028 Summer Olympics
- USOC Has Positive Responses For 2024 Summer Olympic Bid
Summer Olympic Bids Logo
Summer Olympic Bids Summary
Summer Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|May 16, 2011||NOC's can submit names of applicant cities|
|Until July 29, 2011||Applicant Cities to inform IOC of alternate Games dates proposals|
|September 1, 2011||Deadline to confirm submission of applicant cities|
|February 15, 2012||Applicant file due|
|May 2012||Announcement of candidate shortlist|
|January 2013||Candidate file "bid books" due|
|March 4-7, 2013||Tokyo - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 18-21, 2013||Madrid - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 24-27, 2013||Istanbul - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|July 2013||Evaluation Report Released - Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|September 7, 2013||Winner Announced at IOC Session - Buenos Aires, Argentina|