Summer Olympic Bids
A group of 40 people met Monday to begin organizing protests against a bid from Boston for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games.Residents from across Boston
Alfons Hoermann, President of the German Olympic Sports Confederation (DOSB), told dpa that a simple majority vote by the citizens of Berlin or Hamburg would ...
San Francisco has formed a committee to become the U.S. candidate for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games.The bid committee is being led by San Francisco ...
German officials hope a proposed anti-doping law will increase support for Germany's bid for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games. Germany's candidate would be either ...
According to an unscientific poll by Le Figaro, a newspaper with the largest circulation in France, only 20 per cent out of 50,000 respondents support ...
Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo told a news conference Friday, "nothing, nobody will have me change the agenda or the method as far as a Paris ...
The fate of a Paris bid for the 2024 Olympic Games may come down to the results of a telethon that could be held next ...
Berlin has launched a bid to host either the 2024 or 2028 Summer Olympic Games, competing against Hamburg for the right to represent Germany.Berlin is ...
The Associated Press reports that Swedish Olympic Committee president Stefan Lindeberg said Sweden would not have withdrawn its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympic ...
The German Olympic Committee's board approved unanimously Tuesday to present a bid from Germany for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games. The board will now hear ...
- Madrid Won't Bid For Future Olympics
- Tokyo's Win Is Easy to Understand
- 2020 Olympic Bid - Final Vote Count
- Tokyo Wins Bid to Host the Olympic Games in 2020
- Madrid Is Eliminated After First Ballot of 2020 Olympic Bid
- 2020 Olympic Bid Presentations Address Issues But Fail to Provide Evidence of A Winner
- Japanese Prime Minister Abe Blasts Media for Misleading Headlines Regarding Fukushima
- Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Erdogan Wants Peace, Tolerance With 2020 Olympic Games
- The 2020 Olympic Bid Voting Process
- Will Tokyo Beat the “Frontrunner Jinx”?
- IOC Analyzes Chicago 2016 Loss At Vancouver 2010 Games
- The "Big Money" Was In Chicago: IOC President Jacques Rogge
- Copenhagen, Brazil?
- Rival Bid Cities Disappointed
- The Oympic Bid Vote - Ballot By Ballot Results
- Rio Wins 2016 Olympic Bid
- Tokyo Has Been Eliminated From 2016 Olympic Bid
- Chicago Eliminated From First Ballot
- Olympic Host City Selection Voting Procedures
- 2016 Race Too Close To Call
- Group Formed To Protest Boston 2024 Olympic Bid
- Simple Majority Needed For German 2024 Olympic Bid
- A Paris 2024 Summer Bid In Question
- Berlin Launches Bid For 2024 Or 2028 Summer Olympics
- Boston 2024 Unveils Website And Video Amid Local Opposition
- France May Still Bid For 2024 Summer Games
- Decision Delayed On German Candidate For Future Olympics
- Doha, Dubai Ready To Host Olympics
- Hamburg Plans Two Olympic Bids
- Olympic Head Supports Budapest 2024 Games Bid
Summer Olympic Bids Logo
Summer Olympic Bids Summary
Summer Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|May 16, 2011||NOC's can submit names of applicant cities|
|Until July 29, 2011||Applicant Cities to inform IOC of alternate Games dates proposals|
|September 1, 2011||Deadline to confirm submission of applicant cities|
|February 15, 2012||Applicant file due|
|May 2012||Announcement of candidate shortlist|
|January 2013||Candidate file "bid books" due|
|March 4-7, 2013||Tokyo - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 18-21, 2013||Madrid - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 24-27, 2013||Istanbul - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|July 2013||Evaluation Report Released - Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|September 7, 2013||Winner Announced at IOC Session - Buenos Aires, Argentina|