Summer Olympic Bids
The chairman of the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) Larry Probst said, "it is our intention to bid" for the 2024 Olympics if a number of
The San Diego County Board of Supervisors Tuesday unanimously backed the efforts of a committee that is exploring whether San Diego should bid for the ...
Former International Olympic Committee (IOC) member and Toronto 1996 bid chief Paul Henderson believes a possible Toronto bid for the 2024 Summer Olympics should be ...
The county Board of Supervisors is to consider a resolution next week to back the efforts of a committee exploring whether San Diego should bid ...
Ahead of his appearance at the Host Cities Summit to be held in Dubai in December, former Chief of Istanbul's 2020 Olympic bid Hasan Arat ...
According to International Olympic Committee (IOC) board member Sam Ramsamy, South Africa will bid to host either the 2024 or 2028 Olympic Games. Ramsamy, the ...
The Associated Press reports that according to two people who want to remain anonymous, a U.S. Olympic Committee delegation is taking quick trips to more ...
Hamburg decided Tuesday to pull back on a possible bid for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games, following a clear "no" in a referendum held on ...
Governor Deval Patrick reportedly signed a bill Thursday to form a commission for a potential 2024 Boston Olympic bid. The bill would create a panel ...
Georgy Poltavchenko, Mayor of Saint Petersburg Russia, said Sunday at a ceremony marking the arrival of the Olympic torch ahead of the Sochi Winter Games, ...
- Madrid Won't Bid For Future Olympics
- Tokyo's Win Is Easy to Understand
- 2020 Olympic Bid - Final Vote Count
- Tokyo Wins Bid to Host the Olympic Games in 2020
- Madrid Is Eliminated After First Ballot of 2020 Olympic Bid
- 2020 Olympic Bid Presentations Address Issues But Fail to Provide Evidence of A Winner
- Japanese Prime Minister Abe Blasts Media for Misleading Headlines Regarding Fukushima
- Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Erdogan Wants Peace, Tolerance With 2020 Olympic Games
- The 2020 Olympic Bid Voting Process
- Will Tokyo Beat the “Frontrunner Jinx”?
- IOC Analyzes Chicago 2016 Loss At Vancouver 2010 Games
- The "Big Money" Was In Chicago: IOC President Jacques Rogge
- Copenhagen, Brazil?
- Rival Bid Cities Disappointed
- The Oympic Bid Vote - Ballot By Ballot Results
- Rio Wins 2016 Olympic Bid
- Tokyo Has Been Eliminated From 2016 Olympic Bid
- Chicago Eliminated From First Ballot
- Olympic Host City Selection Voting Procedures
- 2016 Race Too Close To Call
- United States To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- Committee Backs Exploring San Diego 2024 Summer Olympic Bid
- Toronto Should Bid For 2028 Olympics Instead Of 2024
- Possible Resolution On San Diego 2024 Olympic Bid
- Istanbul Promises "Strongest Bid Yet" For Olympic Games
- South Africa To Bid For Summer Olympic Games
- USOC Visits Prospective 2024 Bid Cities
- Hamburg Pulls Back From 2024 Summer Olympic Bid
- Boston Forms Commission For 2024 Olympic Bid
- Saint Petersburg RussiaTo Bid For A Summer Olympics
Summer Olympic Bids Logo
Summer Olympic Bids Summary
Summer Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|May 16, 2011||NOC's can submit names of applicant cities|
|Until July 29, 2011||Applicant Cities to inform IOC of alternate Games dates proposals|
|September 1, 2011||Deadline to confirm submission of applicant cities|
|February 15, 2012||Applicant file due|
|May 2012||Announcement of candidate shortlist|
|January 2013||Candidate file "bid books" due|
|March 4-7, 2013||Tokyo - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 18-21, 2013||Madrid - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 24-27, 2013||Istanbul - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|July 2013||Evaluation Report Released - Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|September 7, 2013||Winner Announced at IOC Session - Buenos Aires, Argentina|