Summer Olympic Bids
The city of Los Angeles plans to submit its bid in September to the U.S. Olympic Committee for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games, reports the
According to a special draft commission report, Boston has enough hotel rooms, security expertise, and cultural cachet to host the 2024 Summer Olympic Games, but ...
Now that the Sochi 2014 Games are over, Sports Business Daily reports the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) plans to turn its attention to a potential ...
AFP reports that according to a survey published Wednesday by local media, most Norwegians are against Oslo's bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games. The ...
South Africa's Sports Minister, Fikile Mibabula, said that the country is bidding to host the 2024 Summer Olympic Games. He said that South Africa's President ...
Russia won't be bidding for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games in the near future, said Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko. It had been anticipated that St. ...
Ahead of Friday’s Olympic Games Opening Ceremony, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) membership is participating in the 126th all-members session in Sochi. Newly elected President ...
The Associated Press reports Larry Probst, chairman of the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC), saying Tuesday following a USOC board quarterly meeting, "it is our intention ...
HSB, Hamburg's sports federation, has expressed its support for Hamburg to launch a bid for the Summer Olympic Games. The umbrella body for sports organizations ...
Representative Wang Xiaoshu, a municipal political adviser, said Tuesday that Shanghai should consider bidding for the 2028 Summer Olympic Games. The South China Morning Post ...
- Madrid Won't Bid For Future Olympics
- Tokyo's Win Is Easy to Understand
- 2020 Olympic Bid - Final Vote Count
- Tokyo Wins Bid to Host the Olympic Games in 2020
- Madrid Is Eliminated After First Ballot of 2020 Olympic Bid
- 2020 Olympic Bid Presentations Address Issues But Fail to Provide Evidence of A Winner
- Japanese Prime Minister Abe Blasts Media for Misleading Headlines Regarding Fukushima
- Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Erdogan Wants Peace, Tolerance With 2020 Olympic Games
- The 2020 Olympic Bid Voting Process
- Will Tokyo Beat the “Frontrunner Jinx”?
- IOC Analyzes Chicago 2016 Loss At Vancouver 2010 Games
- The "Big Money" Was In Chicago: IOC President Jacques Rogge
- Copenhagen, Brazil?
- Rival Bid Cities Disappointed
- The Oympic Bid Vote - Ballot By Ballot Results
- Rio Wins 2016 Olympic Bid
- Tokyo Has Been Eliminated From 2016 Olympic Bid
- Chicago Eliminated From First Ballot
- Olympic Host City Selection Voting Procedures
- 2016 Race Too Close To Call
- Los Angeles Steps Up For 2024 Summer Games Bid
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges
- USOC To Explore Potential 2024 Summer Games Bid
- South Africa To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympics
- Russia Won't Bid For 2024 Olympic Games
- IOC Debates Reinstating Member Visits to Bid Cities; National Bids
- "It is our intention to bid": USOC on 2024 Olympics
- Hamburg Bid For Summer Olympics?
- Shanghai Should Consider A 2028 Summer Olympic Bid - Adviser
- Toronto Won't Bid For 2024 Summer Games
Summer Olympic Bids Logo
Summer Olympic Bids Summary
Summer Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|May 16, 2011||NOC's can submit names of applicant cities|
|Until July 29, 2011||Applicant Cities to inform IOC of alternate Games dates proposals|
|September 1, 2011||Deadline to confirm submission of applicant cities|
|February 15, 2012||Applicant file due|
|May 2012||Announcement of candidate shortlist|
|January 2013||Candidate file "bid books" due|
|March 4-7, 2013||Tokyo - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 18-21, 2013||Madrid - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 24-27, 2013||Istanbul - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|July 2013||Evaluation Report Released - Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|September 7, 2013||Winner Announced at IOC Session - Buenos Aires, Argentina|