Summer Olympic Bids
Leaders from the four U.S. cities - Los Angeles, Boston, Washington and San Francisco - in the running to bid for the 2024 Summer
Oslo has launched a new logo and website in its bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games.Eli Grimsby, Chief Executive Officer of Oslo 2022, said ...
The United States Olympic Committee (USOC) announced Friday that Boston, Los Angeles, Washington and San Francisco have been selected candidates for a potential bid from ...
The United States Olympic Committee (USOC) officially announced four cities that are candidates for a potential U.S. bid to host the 2024 Summer Olympic Games.USOC ...
There are reports that four cities have made the United States Olympic Committee's (USOC) shortlist of potential 2024 Olympic bid candidates. The information is said ...
The Associated Press reports the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) has cut down its list of possible host cities for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games and ...
Anne Hidalgo, the newly elected Mayor of Paris, said Friday she didn't promote a Paris 2024 bid during her election campaign. Hidalgo was in ...
Though it's not planned to make any public revelations, United States Olympic Committee (USOC) Chair Larry Probst said that his board will choose only two ...
The United States Olympic Committee (USOC) lost another prospective candidate Wednesday when Philadelphia pulled out of the running for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games. ...
New York's Mayor Bill de Blasio is rejecting a bid from New York for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games.Alicia Glen, deputy Mayor for Housing and ...
- Madrid Won't Bid For Future Olympics
- Tokyo's Win Is Easy to Understand
- 2020 Olympic Bid - Final Vote Count
- Tokyo Wins Bid to Host the Olympic Games in 2020
- Madrid Is Eliminated After First Ballot of 2020 Olympic Bid
- 2020 Olympic Bid Presentations Address Issues But Fail to Provide Evidence of A Winner
- Japanese Prime Minister Abe Blasts Media for Misleading Headlines Regarding Fukushima
- Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Erdogan Wants Peace, Tolerance With 2020 Olympic Games
- The 2020 Olympic Bid Voting Process
- Will Tokyo Beat the “Frontrunner Jinx”?
- IOC Analyzes Chicago 2016 Loss At Vancouver 2010 Games
- The "Big Money" Was In Chicago: IOC President Jacques Rogge
- Copenhagen, Brazil?
- Rival Bid Cities Disappointed
- The Oympic Bid Vote - Ballot By Ballot Results
- Rio Wins 2016 Olympic Bid
- Tokyo Has Been Eliminated From 2016 Olympic Bid
- Chicago Eliminated From First Ballot
- Olympic Host City Selection Voting Procedures
- 2016 Race Too Close To Call
- USOC To Meet With Four Bid Cities
- USOC Candidate Cities React
- USOC Announces 2024 Bid City Candidate List
- Four Cities Make USOC 2024 Bid Shortlist
- U.S. List Of 2024 Bid Cities Cut
- Paris Mayor Has Reservations About Paris 2024 Olympic Bid
- USOC May Secretly Short-List "Two or Three Cities" for 2024 Olympic Bid on June 10
- Philadelphia Drops Out Of Race For 2024 Summer Olympics
- New York Rejects A 2024 Olympic Bid
- South Africa Hopes To Lay Groundwork For An Olympic Bid
Summer Olympic Bids Logo
Summer Olympic Bids Summary
Summer Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|May 16, 2011||NOC's can submit names of applicant cities|
|Until July 29, 2011||Applicant Cities to inform IOC of alternate Games dates proposals|
|September 1, 2011||Deadline to confirm submission of applicant cities|
|February 15, 2012||Applicant file due|
|May 2012||Announcement of candidate shortlist|
|January 2013||Candidate file "bid books" due|
|March 4-7, 2013||Tokyo - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 18-21, 2013||Madrid - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|March 24-27, 2013||Istanbul - IOC Evaluation Commission visit|
|July 2013||Evaluation Report Released - Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|September 7, 2013||Winner Announced at IOC Session - Buenos Aires, Argentina|