South Africa To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympics
South Africa's Sports Minister, Fikile Mibabula, said that the country is bidding to host the 2024 Summer Olympic Games.
He said that South Africa's President was in agreement with the decision and the country was ready to host the Games.
South Africa hopes that it can compete favourably with the other countries bidding for the Games since it successfully hosted the 2010 World Cup and organized the 123rd International Olympic Committee (IOC) session in Durban, the city favoured by the country to host the Games.
If the South Africa is successful in its bid it will be the first African country to host the Olympics.
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) will announce the winner of the 2024 Summer Games in 2017.Write or read comments about this article
|Bid Status:||Waiting for applicant files|
|Bid Date:||Bid for the 2022 Olympic Games will be in 2015|
|Bid Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Description:||The bid for the 2022 Olympic Winter Games|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
- Los Angeles Steps Up For 2024 Summer Games Bid
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Beijing To Tackle Environmental Problems For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- USOC To Explore Potential 2024 Summer Games Bid