South Africa Fit To Host 2024 Summer Olympics
R-Sport reports South Africa is fit to host the 2024 Summer Olympic Games, and would be supported by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), according to the head organizer of the country's 2010 football World Cup and chief of South Africa's World Cup legacy agency.
Although South Africa's national Olympic committee has commissioned an initial feasibility study, it has not yet said whether it will bid "absolutely", Danny Jordaan said when asked if his country could host the Games.
He said, "in the International Olympic Committee there is a strong understanding that the time has come to hold the Games in Africa".
Jordaan added that IOC head Jacques Rogge's 2010 Comments that the Olympics could be held in Africa as an example of the continent's rise, reports R-Sport.Write or read comments about this article
|Bid Status:||IOC waiting for applicant city interest|
|Bid Date:||Bid for the 2020 Olympic Games will be in 2013|
|Bid Location:||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Description:||The bid for the 2020 Olympic Games|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
- Munich Sets Referendum Date For 2022 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- Lead Changes in 2020 Olympic BidIndex As Tokyo Support Improves
- BidIndex: Istanbul, Tokyo Lead 2020 Olympic Bid in Volatile Race
- Madrid 2020 Looking To ANOC
- BidIndex: Istanbul Maintains Narrow Lead in 2020 Olympic Bid Index