Rome To Bid For 2024 Olympic Games
The Associated Press reports that Rome is preparing to bid for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games. Rome dropped out of its bid for the 2020 Games for economic reasons.
Sunday Rome's Mayor Gianni Alemanno said, "we have to be ready in 2017 to again present a bid for the Olympics".
Rome dropped out of its 2020 bid in February, a day before the deadline for submissions of bid files to the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
Premier Mario Monti said at the time that the Italian government would not provide financial backing for an estimated $12.5 billion bid at a time of economic crisis.
The IOC requires government financial guarantees from all bid cities.Write or read comments about this article
|Bid Status:||Waiting for applicant files|
|Bid Date:||Bid for the 2022 Olympic Games will be in 2015|
|Bid Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Description:||The bid for the 2022 Olympic Winter Games|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Krakow 2022 Olympic Bid President Resigns Amid Alleged “Smear Campaign”
- San Diego Submits 2024 Summer Games Bid Proposal
- Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games Car Free – Delegate Impressed With Bid
- FILA Aims to Consolidate Wrestling Message With New International Ad Campaign