Nairobi Plans A 2024 Olympic Bid
Nairobi, Kenya is planning to bid for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games. It would be the first African city to host the Games, should it win the bid.
Reuters reports a Kenya House announcement said Wednesday, "Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga, speaking at the Kenya National House today, announced that the Republic of Kenya will be starting the process of pitching to host the Games of the 33rd Olympiad in 2024. If successful, these Games will be the first ever held in Africa".
The host city for the 2024 Games will be elected by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in 2017.
Other African bids include a bid for the 2008 Games by Cairo, Egypt which was awarded to Beijing, and Cape Town, South Africa's failed bid for the 2004, that was hosted by Athens.Write or read comments about this article
|Bid Status:||Waiting for applicant files|
|Bid Date:||Bid for the 2022 Olympic Games will be in 2015|
|Bid Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Description:||The bid for the 2022 Olympic Winter Games|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games Car Free – Delegate Impressed With Bid
- FILA Aims to Consolidate Wrestling Message With New International Ad Campaign
- San Diego Submits 2024 Summer Games Bid Proposal
- Ukraine's Lviv 2022 Olympic Bid Put "On Hold" Pending Meeting With IOC