Qatar To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
Despite failed bids for the 2016 and 2020 Summer Olympic Games, Saoud bin Abdulrahman al-Thani, Secretary General of the Qatar Olympic Committee, told reporters Sunday that Qatar will be bidding for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games.
He said, "we have tried it twice, and we will continue. It's not something we will give up - it's part of our vision to make Qatar a centre for sport".
Qatar is hosting the 2014 world short-course swimming championships and the 2015 men's handball world championships, and al-Thani said it would bid to host other major events as well.
He said, "we are in the process of bidding for some other championships which we will announce at a later date".
Qatar is also hosting the 2022 World Cup football tournament.Write or read comments about this article
|Bid Status:||IOC waiting for applicant city interest|
|Bid Date:||Bid for the 2020 Olympic Games will be in 2013|
|Bid Location:||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Description:||The bid for the 2020 Olympic Games|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Richard Carrion Announces His Candidacy For IOC President
- Olympic Champion Jennie Finch Urges Support For Softball
- Yang Ho Cho Appointed Advisor for ITTF
- Sochi 2014 Medals Presented At SportAccord