Istanbul To Bid Again - This Time For 2020 Summer Games
Istanbul plans to bid for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games, hoping to make its fifth attempt pay off.
Istanbul's first failed Olympic bid was for the 2000 Games.
International Olympic Committee (IOC) Executive Board member Richard Carrion told Reuters during the IOC session in Durban that "Istanbul will bid".
So far only Rome has officially confirmed it is a candidate for the 2020 Games.
A decision on the host city for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games will be made in 2013.Write or read comments about this article
|Bid Status:||Waiting for applicant files|
|Bid Date:||Bid for the 2022 Olympic Games will be in 2015|
|Bid Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Description:||The bid for the 2022 Olympic Winter Games|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- San Diego Submits 2024 Summer Games Bid Proposal
- Krakow 2022 Olympic Bid President Resigns Amid Alleged “Smear Campaign”
- USOC Not Decided On 2024 Olympic Games Bid
- Krakow 2022 Gets New Bid Leader