2020 Summer Olympic Games Bid Process Starts
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) began its bidding process Monday for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games. The winning city will be announced in 2013.
Rome, Italy is the only candidate so far, but bids are still possible from South Africa, Japan and the Middle East.
The National Olympic Committees must submit applications from their cities by September 1, and the IOC is to announce a shortlist in May 2012.
The winning bid will be elected during the IOC session in Buenos Aires, Argentina on September 7, 2013.Write or read comments about this article
|Bid Status:||IOC waiting for applicant city interest|
|Bid Date:||Bid for the 2020 Olympic Games will be in 2013|
|Bid Location:||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Description:||The bid for the 2020 Olympic Games|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- BidIndex: Tokyo Leads; Race Tightens as 2020 Olympic Bid Enters Final Week
- Sochi 2014 Olympic Torch Enters Space
- United States To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- Toronto Should Bid For 2028 Olympics Instead Of 2024