2020 Summer Olympic Games Bid Process Starts
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) began its bidding process Monday for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games. The winning city will be announced in 2013.
Rome, Italy is the only candidate so far, but bids are still possible from South Africa, Japan and the Middle East.
The National Olympic Committees must submit applications from their cities by September 1, and the IOC is to announce a shortlist in May 2012.
The winning bid will be elected during the IOC session in Buenos Aires, Argentina on September 7, 2013.Write or read comments about this article
|Bid Status:||IOC waiting for applicant city interest|
|Bid Date:||Bid for the 2020 Olympic Games will be in 2013|
|Bid Location:||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Description:||The bid for the 2020 Olympic Games|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
- BidIndex: Istanbul, Tokyo Lead 2020 Olympic Bid in Volatile Race
- Tokyo 2020 Reaches Key Goals By End of IOC Evaluation
- VIDEO: PyeongChang 2018 Emblem Launch
- Chicago Drops From Top Spot In 2016 Olympic Bid BidIndex Despite “Obama Effect”
- BidIndex Scoring of the 2020 Olympic Bids to be Released Monday