2020 Summer Olympic Games Bid Process Starts
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) began its bidding process Monday for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games. The winning city will be announced in 2013.
Rome, Italy is the only candidate so far, but bids are still possible from South Africa, Japan and the Middle East.
The National Olympic Committees must submit applications from their cities by September 1, and the IOC is to announce a shortlist in May 2012.
The winning bid will be elected during the IOC session in Buenos Aires, Argentina on September 7, 2013.Write or read comments about this article
|Bid Status:||Waiting for applicant files|
|Bid Date:||Bid for the 2022 Olympic Games will be in 2015|
|Bid Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Description:||The bid for the 2022 Olympic Winter Games|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
- Oslo 2022 Gets Support From Norway's Influential Organizations
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- USOC To Meet With Four Bid Cities
- IOC Takes Blame for Abandoned 2022 Olympic Bids
- FILA Aims to Consolidate Wrestling Message With New International Ad Campaign