Istanbul 2020 Statement Regarding Recent Demonstrations
The following is a special statement released by Istanbul 2020 on Sunday regarding recent demonstrations being held in Istanbul:
“Istanbul 2020 is monitoring the regrettable situation regarding the demonstrations in Istanbul very carefully. Whilst there has been an improvement in Istanbul in the last 24 hours with peaceful demonstrations and a positive community spirit in helping to clean up and repair damage, the situation remains fluid.
“Therefore Istanbul 2020 will leave it for the relevant authorities to comment further on the specific developments on the demonstrations.
“However, despite these recent events, all sections of Turkey remain united in our dream to host our nation’s first ever Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2020. The slogan for our Olympic bid is ‘Bridge Together’ and there is a common desire to unite in the Olympic spirit and show the world that we can work together for a better Turkey.”
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Los Angeles Steps Up For 2024 Summer Games Bid
- Beijing To Tackle Environmental Problems For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Government Approves Slovakia Budget For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid