Istanbul 2020 Statement Regarding Recent Demonstrations
The following is a special statement released by Istanbul 2020 on Sunday regarding recent demonstrations being held in Istanbul:
“Istanbul 2020 is monitoring the regrettable situation regarding the demonstrations in Istanbul very carefully. Whilst there has been an improvement in Istanbul in the last 24 hours with peaceful demonstrations and a positive community spirit in helping to clean up and repair damage, the situation remains fluid.
“Therefore Istanbul 2020 will leave it for the relevant authorities to comment further on the specific developments on the demonstrations.
“However, despite these recent events, all sections of Turkey remain united in our dream to host our nation’s first ever Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2020. The slogan for our Olympic bid is ‘Bridge Together’ and there is a common desire to unite in the Olympic spirit and show the world that we can work together for a better Turkey.”
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Krakow 2022 Olympic Bid President Resigns Amid Alleged “Smear Campaign”
- San Diego Submits 2024 Summer Games Bid Proposal
- Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games Car Free – Delegate Impressed With Bid
- FILA Aims to Consolidate Wrestling Message With New International Ad Campaign