IOC Head Congratulates Three 2020 Bid Cities
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced Monday it has received the Candidate Files of the three cities bidding to host the 2020 Summer Olympic Games - Istanbul, Tokyo and Madrid.
The IOC Evaluation Commission, chaired by IOC Vice-President Sir Craig Reedie, will analyze the files and then inspect the three cities. The commission will be in Tokyo March 4 to 7, Madrid March 18 to 21, and Istanbul March 24 to 27.
A detailed risk analysis report will be prepared by the commission to be published to coincide with the 2020 Candidate Briefing for IOC members taking place in Lausanne July 3 and 4. The host city election takes place September 7 during the 125th IOC Session in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
IOC President Jacques Rogge said, "the submission of the Candidature Files represents an important milestone for the Candidate Cities and the cities should be congratulated for their excellent work".Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- BidIndex: Tokyo Leads; Race Tightens as 2020 Olympic Bid Enters Final Week
- Six 2022 Olympic Bid Cities Gain Insight At IOC Seminar
- United States To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- Doping Trial Shouldn't Penalize Madrid 2020 - Bid Head