Golf Tournament Boosts Istanbul 2020
It's been announced that the Golf Open will take place in Turkey for at least the next three years. Next year it will be held November 7 to 10.
It's a major boost for Istanbul's 2020 bid as Turkey will be hosting a high profile golf tournament. Golf will be included as an official sport in the Olympic Games starting in 2016 when Rio hosts the Summer Games.
The event will take place at Montgomerie Course in Betek and will be limited to 76 players.
The head of International Sports Management called it "a great move for Turkey because about four years ago the PGA Tour drummed into our heads that we should be developing golf in new nations and get golf in the Olympics".Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Oslo 2022 Olympic Bid Support Slips
- FILA Aims to Consolidate Wrestling Message With New International Ad Campaign
- Dubai Considers Bidding For Olympics Within Eight Years
- Berlin To Unveil 2024 Games Bid