Tokyo Hosts Major Events To Boost 2020 Olympic Bid
Tokyo is playing host to several top international sporting events: the 2012 FITA Archery World Cup Final, Yonex Open Japan 2012 and Toray Pan Pacific Open Tennis Tournament.
The three events are taking place within a 12-day period, and overall spectator attendance and ticket sales have exceeded the organizers' expectations.
At the same time International Hockey Federation's General Congress will be held in the city centre.
Tokyo 2020 says the smooth organization of these concurrent events reaffirms Tokyo's organizational skills - an asset that Tokyo 2020 is leveraging in its bid plan for the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Tsunekazu Takeda, IOC member and President of Tokyo 2020 and the Japanese Olympic Committee said, "Tokyo is regularly chosen to host major international competitions, and this month's activities show that our city is full of sports fans and supporters. The Japanese people love sports. If given the chance, we guarantee that Tokyo will be fully prepared to stage the world's biggest sporting event in eight years' time - the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games".Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Los Angeles Steps Up For 2024 Summer Games Bid
- Beijing To Tackle Environmental Problems For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges