Tokyo 2020 Lights Up
More than 30,000 lanterns lit up Tokyo Bay Monday in support of Japan's bid for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games.
The annual Lantern by the Bay Festival takes place at the Odaiba Marine Park, the proposed site of the Triathlon and Marathon Swimming competitions. This year it was billed as a Tokyo 2020 support event.
Japanese Olympic swimming champion Ai Shibata, the Athens 2004 women's 800-metre freestyle gold medallist, leg the light-up ceremony.
Supporters unveiled a special illumination for Tokyo 2020.Write or read comments about this article
- Yang Ho Cho Appointed Advisor for ITTF
- Opposition To Oslo 2022 Winter Games Bid
- GB2M Podcast Ep. 6 - Exclusive Interview with Baku 2020 Olympic Bid Committee CEO Konul Nurullayeva (Part 1)
- GamesBids.com Goes Mobile
- Vancouver 2010 Olympics to Unveil Solar-Powered Cauldron