Madrid 2020 Wants Cost-Saving Changes
Madrid 2020 is looking to save some money should it host the 2020 Summer Olympic Games.
Madrid 2020 chief executive Victor Sanchez says organizers are looking into whether to use already completed installations for beach volleyball and boxing. Volleyball would be moved to the Las Ventas bull ring and boxing would take place at a basketball facility in the south side of Madrid.
Sanchez said, "the most logical thing is that if we have top class installations, then we should use them". He added that 84 per cent of Madrid's 2020 infrastructure is complete.
It's the third time Madrid is bidding for the Olympic Games.Write or read comments about this article
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Richard Carrion Announces His Candidacy For IOC President
- Yang Ho Cho Appointed Advisor for ITTF
- London Believes Istanbul Leading 2020 Olympic Bid Race
- Ser Miang Ng Wants Games in Africa, Member Visits to Bid Cities Reviewed