Tokyo 2020 Appoints Gold Medalist As Sports Director
Tokyo 2020 announced the appointment of former Olympic gold medalist and chairperson of the Olympic Council of Asia, Yuko Arakida, as its Sports Director, which the bid committee says underscores Tokyo 2020's "ongoing effort to further enhance unity and momentum for Tokyo's campaign to host the 2020 Games".
Arakida's experience includes delivering presentations in several key stages, including the bid's final presentation at the 121st International Olympic Committee (IOC) session in Copenhagen.
Tokyo 2020 CEO Masato Mizuno said of the appointment, "we are delighted to announce a strong addition to the Tokyo 2020 team. Yuko Arakida is a renowned former athlete and global ambassador of the Games. Along with her experience and expertise, the Tokyo 2020 team is united as a collective team, determined to bring the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games to Tokyo".Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Six 2022 Olympic Bid Cities Gain Insight At IOC Seminar
- BidIndex: Tokyo Leads; Race Tightens as 2020 Olympic Bid Enters Final Week
- United States To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- Toronto Should Bid For 2028 Olympics Instead Of 2024