Japan's Prime Minister Top Adviser For Tokyo 2020
Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda has agreed to be a top adviser for Japan's 2020 Summer Olympic Games bid.
In accepting the request to advise the bid, Noda is quoted by Japan 2020 President Tsunekazu Takeda as saying, "let us do our best to make this bid a success".
Tokyo is promoting its bid as a symbol of Japan's recovery from the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.
The JOC has said if Tokyo hosts the 2020 Games, regions affected by the earthquake, tsunami and the ensuing nuclear crisis could host some events such as soccer.Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- USOC To Meet With Four Bid Cities
- Vancouver 2010 Chooses Ilanaaq For Official Emblem
- London Defeats Doha to host 2017 World Athletics Championships
- Almaty 2022 Olympic Winter Games Will be Compact, Efficient: IOC Application