Russia's NOC Supports Baku 2020
The National Olympic Committee of Russia is supporting Baku's bid for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games, said Russian Olympic Committee executive director Marat Bariyev.
According to news.az, Bariyev said the Russian Olympic Committee is working closely with Azerbaijani colleagues and the Ministry of Youth and Sports Minister in supporting the bid.
Bariyev said that Russia has the experience of participating in bidding, adding, "we are open for tips and advice and are ready to help Baku to get the right to host the Olympics. As a neighbouring country, we are interested in this".
Bariyev said Baku has a good chance to host the Games. "As a sport centre and dynamically growing economic sector, Baku is attracting the attention of many. It is simply necessary to work more actively and to show oneself".
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) is selecting a host city for the 2020 Games September 7, 2013.Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- United States To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- Six 2022 Olympic Bid Cities Gain Insight At IOC Seminar
- BidIndex: Tokyo Leads; Race Tightens as 2020 Olympic Bid Enters Final Week
- Toronto Should Bid For 2028 Olympics Instead Of 2024