Rome 2020 Appoints Lead Technical Partner
Rome 2020 has appointed Coni Servizi Engineering and Consulting as the lead technical partner of the Rome bid committee for the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games, with specific responsibility for competition and non-competition venue master planning and design.
Con Servizi has assembled an elite consortium of local and international specialized engineering and architectural companies including Studio Zoppini (PyeongChang 2018), Shesa, Populous and Nussil; the latter two having a long experience in Olympic planning and design.
Raffaele Pagnozzi, General Secretary of the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) and CEO of Coni Servizi said, "this collaborative and multi-lateral approach to supporting Roma 2020 will not only offer our Olympic bid the best possible blend of international experience and Italian capabilities, but will also enable our company to grow and develop a core, sustainable legacy for Italian and international sport for the future".Write or read comments about this article
- BidIndex: Istanbul, Tokyo Lead 2020 Olympic Bid in Volatile Race
- Tokyo 2020 Reaches Key Goals By End of IOC Evaluation
- VIDEO: PyeongChang 2018 Emblem Launch
- Chicago Drops From Top Spot In 2016 Olympic Bid BidIndex Despite “Obama Effect”
- BidIndex Scoring of the 2020 Olympic Bids to be Released Monday