Doha 2020 Bid President Announces Vice Presidents And CEO
Doha 2020 President His Highness Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani has announced Her Excellency Sheikha Al Mayassa bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Chair of Qatar's Museums Authority, and Sheikh Saoud bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani, Secretary General of the Qatar Olympic Committee, as Vice Presidents of Doha's bid committee for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games.
H.H. Sheik Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani is a son of Qatar's emir and also heads Qatar's Olympic Committee, and Sheikha Al Mayassa bint Hamad Al Thani, is his sister.
Noora Al-Mannai, a leading Qatari business woman and Project Director of Enterprise Qatar, has been appointed Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the bid committee.
H.H. Sheikh Tamim said, "the Vice President and CEO roles are crucial positions and H.E. Sheikha Mayassa, Sheikh Saoud and Noora bring a wealth of sporting, organizational, financial, cultural and business enterprise to our bid leadership team. These first appointments reflect our determination to ensure that significant expertise and innovative thinking underpins our entire bid and approach".Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges
- Beijing To Tackle Environmental Problems For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Government Approves Slovakia Budget For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid