Rio 2016 Volunteers Asked To "Visit" Olympic Web Sites
Volunteers for the Rio 2016 Summer Olympic Games have been sent an e-mail from the Rio 2016 head of volunteers asking them to visit several Olympic websites to show their support for Rio's bid.
The e-mail says it is essential that Rio 2016 show strength in as many fronts as possible with just a few clicks, and cited two sites, including GamesBids.com, that have a great impact in the world Olympics.
The volunteer head tells the e-mail recipients to simply visit the links shown and vote, and tell their friends about the links, saying the sites allow the volunteers to vote once a day.
Write or read comments about this article
|Bid Status:||Rio won bid|
|Bid Date:||October 2, 2009|
|Bid Location:||IOC Congress in Copenhagen Denmark|
|Description:||Rio last bid for the 2004 and 2012 Games but did not make the short list. The city is trying to leverage the success of the 2007 Pan Am Games in its run for the 2016 Olympics - and Brazil is currently preparing to host the 2014 World Cup.|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
- London Defeats Doha to host 2017 World Athletics Championships
- France May Still Bid For 2024 Summer Games
- Kazakhstan Wants Investors To Partially Fund Almaty 2022
- IOC Loses Another Candidate as Oslo's 2022 bid is Crushed
- IOC statement from Christophe Dubi, IOC Executive Director of the Olympic Games