Rio Wins 2016 Olympic Bid
And The Winner Is ... Rio
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has elected Rio de Janeiro as the Host city for the 2016 Summer Olympic Games.
The announcement was made Friday evening, local time, from the Bella Conference Center in Copenhagen, Denmark.
GamesBids.com will be providing news and reaction on the IOC's decision, directly from Copenhagen.Write or read comments about this article
|Bid Status:||Rio won bid|
|Bid Date:||October 2, 2009|
|Bid Location:||IOC Congress in Copenhagen Denmark|
|Description:||Chicago, Madrid, Rio de Janeiro and Tokyo have been selected to the shortlist and will compete to host the 2016 Olympic Games. Baku, Doha and Prague were eliminated June 5, 2008.|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
- Kazakhstan Wants Investors To Partially Fund Almaty 2022
- Beijing 2022 Looks For Bid Slogan
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Super Car Race Event Boosts Buenos Aires 2018 Youth Bid
- Norway, IOC To Analyze Oslo's Bid Demise