Rio Wins 2016 Olympic Bid
And The Winner Is ... Rio
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has elected Rio de Janeiro as the Host city for the 2016 Summer Olympic Games.
The announcement was made Friday evening, local time, from the Bella Conference Center in Copenhagen, Denmark.
GamesBids.com will be providing news and reaction on the IOC's decision, directly from Copenhagen.Write or read comments about this article
|Bid Status:||Rio won bid|
|Bid Date:||October 2, 2009|
|Bid Location:||IOC Congress in Copenhagen Denmark|
|Description:||Chicago, Madrid, Rio de Janeiro and Tokyo have been selected to the shortlist and will compete to host the 2016 Olympic Games. Baku, Doha and Prague were eliminated June 5, 2008.|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
- Heads Of States From four Bid Cities To Attend 2016 Election
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Turkey Accepts Tokyo's Apology
- VIDEO: PyeongChang 2018 Emblem Launch
- Tokyo 2020 Reaches Key Goals By End of IOC Evaluation