IOC Announces Inspection Dates Of 2016 Bid Cities
The four cities bidding to host the 2016 Summer Olympic Games were informed at the Asian Olympic Council meeting Tuesday when the International Olympic Committee's (IOC) evaluation commission will be inspecting their city.
The 10-member commission will visit Chicago April 2 to 8, Tokyo April 14 to 20, Rio de Janeiro April 27 to May 3 and Madrid May 4 to 9.
The commission's visits to the bid cities have been extended from four days to seven.
Once the visits are completed the commission will prepare a report to be issued one month before the IOC chooses the 2016 host city October 2, 2009.Write or read comments about this article
|Bid Status:||Rio won bid|
|Bid Date:||October 2, 2009|
|Bid Location:||IOC Congress in Copenhagen Denmark|
|Description:||Chicago, Madrid, Rio de Janeiro and Tokyo have been selected to the shortlist and will compete to host the 2016 Olympic Games. Baku, Doha and Prague were eliminated June 5, 2008.|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- BidIndex: Tokyo Leads; Race Tightens as 2020 Olympic Bid Enters Final Week
- United States To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- Toronto Should Bid For 2028 Olympics Instead Of 2024
- Reclusive Turkmenistan Opens Doors; Begins Construction of Olympic Dreams