Tokyo 2020 Introduces New Feature On Website
Tokyo 2020 announced Friday a new social network feature on its Tokyo 2020 website so visitors can share their enthusiasm for Tokyo's 2020 Summer Olympic Games bid.
Tokyo 2020 says it is leveraging digital platforms and cutting-edge technology to maximize both athlete and visitor experiences in their pursuit of hosting "Games of excellence and excitement".
The renewed web page is available only in Japan and in the native vernacular until January 2013, in accordance with International Olympic Committee (IOC) regulations. It features comments from Olympians and Paralympians, fashion designers, creative directors and others sharing their personal reasons for supporting Tokyo's bid.
Tokyo 2020 is soliciting comments from bid supporters at this stage, focusing on renowned individuals with national appeal. Comments from members of the Japanese general public will be added soon.
Site visitors can share comments via social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Los Angeles Steps Up For 2024 Summer Games Bid
- Beijing To Tackle Environmental Problems For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges