Vancouver 2010 Having Technical Difficulties With Ticket Sales
Several reports indicate that frustrated Canadians are unable to purchase tickets at the beginning of a Phase III ticket release. The phase was launched Saturday at 10:00am Pacific Time but in the first three hours users on Twitter, Facebook and GamesBids.com forums all report the inability to log in or to complete an order - including calls to the 1-800 number.
There are no reports of a successful order completion.
VANOC official cannot be contacted but official VANOC Tweets indicate that they are working on the problem. No other announcements have been made.
Vancouver radio CKNW reports that they are aware of technical problems.
This was to be the final major phase of ticket sales to Canadians; 100,000 tickets are reportedly available including those for prime events like figure skating and ice hockey.Write or read comments about this article
- Istanbul 2020 Plays Role In Youth Day Celebrations
- Sochi 2014 Medals Presented At SportAccord
- New Wrestling Rules To Save Olympic Wrestling
- Ser Miang Ng Wants Games in Africa, Member Visits to Bid Cities Reviewed
- London Believes Istanbul Leading 2020 Olympic Bid Race