Russia’s Extends Greetings To Singapore 2010
DPA reports that following Moscow’s loss to Singapore of the 2010 Youth Olympic Summer Games, Moscow Deputy Mayor Valery Vinogradov said, “Moscow does not feel like a loser at all because the very idea Moscow’s Mayor Yuri Luzhkov pioneered 10 years ago has been translated into a reality.
“Our greetings to the more successful contestant, Singapore. It was a worthy rival to compete with.
He added, “our task now is to prepare a group of Moscow athletes to be delegated to Russia’s national team for the Youth Olympics. We declare out intention to bid to host other major international events”. Write or read comments about this article
- Istanbul 2020 Plays Role In Youth Day Celebrations
- BidIndex: Istanbul, Tokyo Lead 2020 Olympic Bid in Volatile Race
- Chicago Drops From Top Spot In 2016 Olympic Bid BidIndex Despite “Obama Effect”
- Vancouver 2010 Olympic Torch Unveiled
- Slovakia Officially Joins Poland In 2022 Olympic Bid