IOC Selects Moscow and Singapore To Youth Olympic Games Short List
In a postal vote by the International Olympic Committee Executive Board last week, Moscow and Singapore were selected to a short list of candidates that will compete to host the 2010 Youth Olympic Games.
The two cities defeated three other candidates including Athens, Bankok and Turin after an evaluation report that focused on the risks of quickly preparing for the first edition of the event revealed the best choices. There will only be two-and-a-half years to organize the Games.
Now a postal vote will be conducted among IOC members before the winner is announced by the IOC on February 21, 2008.
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Richard Carrion Announces His Candidacy For IOC President
- Olympic Champion Jennie Finch Urges Support For Softball
- "Greatly Impressed": Reedie Weighs in on Madrid's 2020 Olympic Bid
- 2016 Bid Cities Present At Oceania