List Of 2010 Youth Olympic Games Finalists Could Be Shortened
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) said Tuesday that the list of five finalists for the 2010 Youth Olympic Games could be shortened prior to the vote in February. The IOC said the executive board would review the files and decide how many of the cities to put forward for the final vote, reports AP.
Olympic Games executive director Gilbert Felli said, “they can reduce the number”.
The five cities were selected as finalists last month from among nine candidates. They are Athens, Bangkok, Moscow, Singapore and Turin.
The five will make hour-long presentations to a group of IOC experts by video conference on Thursday and the panel will report in January to the executive board which will then make its proposals to the full IOC for a postal vote in February.
According to AP the bid process will be launched on January 21 with candidacies to be submitted by March 6. The IOC will announce a short list in August and choose the winner by postal vote in December. Write or read comments about this article
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Richard Carrion Announces His Candidacy For IOC President
- Olympic Champion Jennie Finch Urges Support For Softball
- Yang Ho Cho Appointed Advisor for ITTF
- Sochi 2014 Medals Presented At SportAccord