Tokyo 2016 Gets 62 Per Cent Public Support
Tokyo 2016 announced Thursday the results of an opinion poll carried out in Japan that shows 62 per cent of respondents said they support Tokyo’s bid for the 2016 Summer Olympic Games. Twenty six per cent said there were against the bid and 12 per cent said they neither supported nor opposed it.
The survey was conducted on the Internet from December 1 to 3, targeting 3,000 people (1000 Tokyo residents and 2000 residents from outside Tokyo) ages 15 to 69.
Tokyo 2016 is preparing its International Olympic Committee (IOC) questionnaire to be submitted to the IOC by January 14. Write or read comments about this article
- IOC Loses Another Candidate as Oslo's 2022 bid is Crushed
- Oslo Drops 2022 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- IOC Won't Reopen 2022 Bidding Process
- IOC statement from Christophe Dubi, IOC Executive Director of the Olympic Games