Tokyo 2016 Gets 62 Per Cent Public Support
Tokyo 2016 announced Thursday the results of an opinion poll carried out in Japan that shows 62 per cent of respondents said they support Tokyo’s bid for the 2016 Summer Olympic Games. Twenty six per cent said there were against the bid and 12 per cent said they neither supported nor opposed it.
The survey was conducted on the Internet from December 1 to 3, targeting 3,000 people (1000 Tokyo residents and 2000 residents from outside Tokyo) ages 15 to 69.
Tokyo 2016 is preparing its International Olympic Committee (IOC) questionnaire to be submitted to the IOC by January 14. Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games Car Free – Delegate Impressed With Bid
- FILA Aims to Consolidate Wrestling Message With New International Ad Campaign
- San Diego Submits 2024 Summer Games Bid Proposal
- Vancouver 2010 Chooses Ilanaaq For Official Emblem