Organizing Committee Established For Baku 2016 Bid
The Azerbaijan Organizing Committee has been established for Baku’s 2016 Summer Olympic Games bid, and held its first meeting recently.
In answer to a question by the committee’s chair and first vice premier Yagub Eyubov about compiling Baku’s 2016 bid book quickly, Youth and Sports Minister Azad Ragimov said that Caspian American Group has been appointed to prepare the bid book, but support from the ministries and government agencies is also needed.
The organizing committee has set up a working group and was commissioned to solve all issues relating to the nomination of Baku as a candidate for the 2016 Games. Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- United States To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- Six 2022 Olympic Bid Cities Gain Insight At IOC Seminar
- BidIndex: Tokyo Leads; Race Tightens as 2020 Olympic Bid Enters Final Week
- Brasov, Lausanne, Submit Bids For 2020 Winter Youth Olympic Games