Reno-Tahoe 2018 Bid Competitive
Steve Trounday of the Reno-Tahoe Winter Games Coalition told a Reno television station that Reno matches up very well with other cities that might be its competitors for the 2018 Winter Olympic Games bid.
He said, “how do we match up against other cities that might be vying for the bid in 2018? I think we match up very well. We have an airport that can handle it. We have the mountains so close. We are one of a few cities that is 45 minutes away from the furthest venue”.
Addressing concerns that traffic could be the biggest roadblock Trounday said that the region does have multiple highways leading up to Tahoe and a railroad running right through downtown Reno. He also said the Olympic Games could help the area secure a new form of transportation that would benefit future generations.
Supporters of the bid have said money generated from hosting the Games would total more than $5 billion and create many new jobs. Write or read comments about this article
- Sochi 2014 Medals Presented At SportAccord
- BidIndex: Istanbul Maintains Narrow Lead in 2020 Olympic Bid Index
- New Wrestling Rules To Save Olympic Wrestling
- Ser Miang Ng Wants Games in Africa, Member Visits to Bid Cities Reviewed
- London Believes Istanbul Leading 2020 Olympic Bid Race