Germany’s Olympic Association Endorses A Munich 2018 Winter Bid
Reuters reports that Germany’s Olympic Sports Association (DOSB) endorsed Tuesday a possible bid by Munich to host the 2018 Winter Olympic Games.
The DOSB said in a statement its executive had recommended against bidding for the 2016 Summer Games because chances of success were remote once London was chosen host of the 2012 Games.
DOSB President Thomas Bach told reporters, “it’s been our goal to bring the Olympics to Germany as soon as possible”.
The DOSB members are to discuss the executive’s endorsement at a meeting in Hamburg on December 8. The host city of the 2018 Winter Games will be announced in 2011. Write or read comments about this article
- Joint Norway-Sweden 2026 Olympic Bid Suggested
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Should Queenstown Bid For 2026 Winter Olympics?
- Radioactive Leak Won't Affect Tokyo 2020 - Tokyo Governor
- Tokyo 2020 Bid Is "Very Healthy"