India To Bid For 2014 Youth Olympics
Suresh Kalmadi, President of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA), said Sunday India will bid for the 2014 Youth Olympic Games.
Kalmadi, who heads the 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games (CYG) to be held October 12 to 18 next year, said India will certainly come out successful in its bidding after having been entrusted with hosting the 2008 CYG in Pune and the 2010 Commonwealth Games in New Delhi.
He said he hopes that the IOA will be channelling its efforts in bidding for the 2020 Olympic Games.
All nine venues for the 2008 CYG will be completed and handed over to the Games Organizing Committee May 31. Kalmadi said, “I have no doubt that the work has been going on in a fierce pace despite the onslaught of the monsoon. It would be completed much before the due date”. This will give us the much-needed time to test all the venues by hosting competitions in each of the nine disciplines. Write or read comments about this article
- USOC To Meet With Four Bid Cities
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Oslo 2022 Gets Support From Norway's Influential Organizations
- FILA Aims to Consolidate Wrestling Message With New International Ad Campaign
- London Defeats Doha to host 2017 World Athletics Championships