Baku 2016 Games Bid Cost Being Studied
Chingiz Huseynzade, Chairman of the National Olympic Committee of Azerbaijan, told a press conference in Baku that the cost of hosting the 2016 Summer Olympic Games may be $20 bln.
Baku Today reports Huseynzade stressed it was only the initial figure and was made on the basis of increasing expenses of the Olympic Games.
He said, “currently a group of economists is working on this issue and they should produce relevant accounts. The practice shows that each new game appears more expensive than previous one”.
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has already accepted Azerbaijan’s 2016 bid and Baku has until mid September to answer the IOC's questions about the country’s possibilities and condition of its sports infrastructure. Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- PyeongChang 2018 Head Resigns
- Olympic Leaders Back Major Changes
- Almaty 2022 Olympic Winter Games Will be Compact, Efficient: IOC Application
- Vancouver 2010 Chooses Ilanaaq For Official Emblem