Pan Am Games Could Make Rio Strong Olympic Games Candidate – Rogge
International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge says hosting the Pan American Games will leave a lasting legacy for Rio de Janeiro and that the city is a strong candidate to host future Olympic Games.
“From what I have seen, (the games) will leave a great legacy for decades”, Rogge said Thursday. “It will be an important heritage and it will benefit Rio”, reports the Associated Press.
Rogge said the games will aid Rio in its bid to host the 2016 Olympics. He said, “IOC is very happy to have six excellent candidates and Rio has great potential”. Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Six 2022 Olympic Bid Cities Gain Insight At IOC Seminar
- BidIndex: Tokyo Leads; Race Tightens as 2020 Olympic Bid Enters Final Week
- United States To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- Toronto Should Bid For 2028 Olympics Instead Of 2024