Abuja 2014 Commonwealth Games Bid – New Sponsor, Railway
Skye Bank is now another supporter of Abuja’s 2014 Commonwealth Games bid by giving the bid committee N18 million.
Kehinde Durosinmi-Etti, deputy managing director of Skye Bank, called Nigeria’s bid to host the Commonwealth Games a worthy one. He said, “we know Glasgow is still in contention but we in Skye Bank believe that Abuja is in good stead to win the bid to host the Games in 2014. Our managing director Mr. Akinsola Akinfemiwa is one of the 100 notable Nigerians selected by the federal government to ensure the realization of the bid”.
Meanwhile Nigeria’s President Olusegun Obasanjo performed at a groundbreaking ceremony for a Light Railway, an $841 million project to be completed in four years, which will boost Abuja’s 2014 bid.
The Abuja 2014 bid committee is now in London where the two Commonwealth Games bid cities will submit their documents Wednesday. Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- BidIndex: Tokyo Leads; Race Tightens as 2020 Olympic Bid Enters Final Week
- United States To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- Toronto Should Bid For 2028 Olympics Instead Of 2024
- Reclusive Turkmenistan Opens Doors; Begins Construction of Olympic Dreams