Salzburg Selected Over Innsbruck As Austria’s 2014 Winter Games Candidate
The board of directors of the Austrian Olympic Committee selected Salzburg as its candidate for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games instead of rival Innsbruck, who has already hosted the Games twice before.
Salzburg bid for the 2010 Winter Olympic Games. It lost to Pyeongchang South Korea and Vancouver Canada, who won the bid.
South Korea has announced Pyeongchang will bid for the 2014 Games.
Applications for the 2014 Winter Games must be submitted to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) by July 28. Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- London Defeats Doha to host 2017 World Athletics Championships
- Krakow 2022 Gets New Bid Leader
- Almaty 2022 Says Bid Is On Track
- Radioactive Leak Won't Affect Tokyo 2020 - Tokyo Governor