Salzburg Selected Over Innsbruck As Austria’s 2014 Winter Games Candidate
The board of directors of the Austrian Olympic Committee selected Salzburg as its candidate for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games instead of rival Innsbruck, who has already hosted the Games twice before.
Salzburg bid for the 2010 Winter Olympic Games. It lost to Pyeongchang South Korea and Vancouver Canada, who won the bid.
South Korea has announced Pyeongchang will bid for the 2014 Games.
Applications for the 2014 Winter Games must be submitted to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) by July 28. Write or read comments about this article
- Simple Majority Needed For German 2024 Olympic Bid
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- San Francisco Forms Committee For 2024 Summer Olympic Bid
- IOC Unveils New Strategic Roadmap; Host City Bid Reforms
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018