South Africa Announces Bid For 2020 Summer Olympic Games
The Cape Times reports that South Africa’s Sports Minister Ngconde Balfour told the South African Parliament Tuesday that the sports ministry had recently hosted a conference on developing a strategy to bid for major international sports events and participants had committed themselves “to prioritize bids to host the 2010 Soccer World Cup, the 2014 Commonwealth Games, and the 2020 Olympic Games”.
He said, “this program will be proposed to cabinet in the hope that it will give its blessing and, in so doing, simplify the task of any bid committees”. Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Krakow 2022 Gets New Bid Leader
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Krakow 2022 Olympic Bid President Resigns Amid Alleged “Smear Campaign”
- Georgia's Boycott Of Sochi 2014 Will Fail