South Africa Announces Bid For 2020 Summer Olympic Games
The Cape Times reports that South Africa’s Sports Minister Ngconde Balfour told the South African Parliament Tuesday that the sports ministry had recently hosted a conference on developing a strategy to bid for major international sports events and participants had committed themselves “to prioritize bids to host the 2010 Soccer World Cup, the 2014 Commonwealth Games, and the 2020 Olympic Games”.
He said, “this program will be proposed to cabinet in the hope that it will give its blessing and, in so doing, simplify the task of any bid committees”. Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games Car Free – Delegate Impressed With Bid
- FILA Aims to Consolidate Wrestling Message With New International Ad Campaign
- San Diego Submits 2024 Summer Games Bid Proposal
- Vancouver 2010 Chooses Ilanaaq For Official Emblem